Notices

Old 28 Oct 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Florida 2019 - it‘s here at last - Day 14

7 become 2 today. The alarm went off at 7.20 for Ben and I to get ready for Universal Studios. Tyler and Steven had decided to come too. We were into Universal for just after 8.00 and straight into the Express queue for RRR which was walk on. Tyler and Ben got front row. I chose I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor as my ride song. I love this coaster, the worst part for me is the initial climb.

We then headed to The Mummy as Tyler and Steven had missed it yesterday. Tyler loved it. Ben had a few bits to get in Daigon Alley so we headed there. By the time we came out the it was 8.40 and the queue for the Hogwarts Express was huge!

None of us had done the Jimmy Fallon ride so we thought we'd squeeze it in. It was good enough, but essentially just another simulator that throws you around a bit.

We had a quick stop for some Jaws photos.

One last ride on RRR before we headed back to the hotel to do the final packing and check out. On the way out Patrick from Spongebob was near the entrance, so a quick photo was taken. Brenda had taken Lilly to the pool for one last swim, she's such a mermaid. We met them there and at 10.00 am we went back to the room.

Ben wanted to watch the first half of the Killie v St Mirren game in his laptop so we all finished packing while he did that. At 10.55 we left our rooms for one last time and headed to the lobby. I wanted to clear our bill with my Caxton card so had to go to the desk. Steven was happy for his to be paid with the card he'd given.

Ben stayed in the lobby to use the wifi to watch the 2nd half of the match. We headed back to Citywalk to visit Voodoo Donut. We bought a 1/2 dozen. Ooooooh they were so soft and delicious.

By now it was heading towards 12.00 and Steven was getting a bit ancy to get on the road so we headed back to the hotel. Lilly and Brenda jumped in one of the rickshaws and were driven back. We met Ben in the hotel shop, he'd found a sale rail and bought a t-shirt, that boy loves a bargain.

It was now time to go our separate ways. We headed to the cars and said our goodbyes. We were headed to Madeira Beach and they were headed home. I wanted to stop at a nearby Walmart to get my usual supply of Minnie pens for work. They were headed for Tampa Airport (it was significantly cheaper to fly back from here). Kisses and cuddles were given all round and off they went.

We stopped at Walmart, I got what I was looking for and we headed to our next stop. Once near our accommodation we stopped for supplies at the nearby Walmart then headed to the cottage. We've stayed here before so knew exactly where we were going. We'd bought nibbles for dinner as we both were too tired to contemplate going out. We unpacked, had a cup of tea and lazily watched tv till about 9.30, then were in bed and sleeping by 10.00... oh dear we are getting old.

The pumpkin display in Walmart.

Ben had a last visit to a Hard Rock Cafe at Tampa Airport.

My $8 bumbag from Walmart. I'd been looking for one at Disney but couldn't find one I liked.

Our bedroom for the last part of the holiday.

Old 28 Oct 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Jake71 - 28 Oct 19 11:41 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List