Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Apr 19, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
elaine amj
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks so much for your report! Really enjoyed reading it. Last trip we had the DDP for 8 ppl for 2 weeks and among other things, came home with piles of jelly beans from Pandora along with a dozen bags of Werthers lol! We only had one little kid in the mix though and used snack and QS credits for breakfast so we probably only had about 30-50 extra snack credits at the end.

With three younger kids over 3 weeks, I can definitely see how quickly those credits can pile up!
elaine amj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
margshel4753
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thank you for your food report. I’ve really enjoyed it. It’s been a few years since we last went to Florida because of age and health so it’s been lovely to read about the new places and food available now. Makes me miss it x

Feb 2005 B/W Movieland(Monumental Movieland)
May 2006 Doubletree LBV(Orlando Vista] , Oct 2011 POR & Rosen Inn
May 2012 POR, April 2013 POR
, Oct 2014 POR, H/Inn C/Water, RPR, Rosen Inn, Yacht Club
margshel4753 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lmorgan
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the report, I've been showing the family all the thing I think they'll want to try. there has been a lot!
lmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
That’s a good lot of goodies to bring home and still a few credits left to treat yourself. Bet you can’t believe how quickly it’s gone now
The last instalment brings another mini haul It went way too quick

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Wow just wow

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
A fantastic effort with food today it’s going to be very boring for your kids looking at school dinners / lunch boxes when the get back
Loving the look of Wolfgang Puck... will defo give there a try.
Enjoy the last few hours and I hope you have a good return journey. Thanks again for letting us share this with you.
Thank you, Wolfgang was delicious Disney springs has some great food offerings

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Oh my your suitcase will be rammed! I really enjoyed hiding some of our leftover credit haul in the cupboard. I checked all the dates and kept some for birthday presents and every so often brought them out as a nice treat-there is something even better about eating Disney chocolate when you are not there!
I’ve really enjoyed reading along especially all the updates when your actually on holiday-thank you.
Safe journey home, enjoy being back to reality and eating without trying to use up credits!
Thank you I am definitely back to reality but at least have internet now

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
What an amazing haul! Hope you have a good trip back
We did thanks

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Wow! That's a huge sweet haul! Hope you enjoy them all once you are home and it helps a bit with the Disney blues.
Yes already adding more weight on as we speak

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
Wow that's a haul!

Originally Posted by saint rob View Post
Have absolutely loved reading your posts. We’re on QS dining later this year and it’s showed what a great variety you can get. Loving the sweet/choc haul
Thanks There is such a variety and it is great trying a $22 meal or an $8 chocolate waffle. The QSDP was really enjoyable and gave us great freedom

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
Will really miss reading your reports ,I've absolutely loved them ,you've given me loads of ideas for meals and snacks ,and I've got a feeling we'll end up with loads of credits left over ! ...but thankyou so much for taking the time to blog it ,its been so helpful xx
Aww thanks Glad that you got some good ideas from it

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Wow, just seen the Haul of Doom!

Well, you certainly have a sizeable memento there of your lovely Disney holiday, that's for sure!

Thanks for taking the time out of your holiday to share your food with us, not literally, but hey with all those credits you could have afforded to!

Have a safe trip home
Thank you, I wish there was some way to share this weight I gained as well lol

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Wow! I can’t believe you’ve almost covered a Queen size bed with all your chocolate, candy & snacks, that really is one huge haul 😂
What an amazing last day. I feel so sad that today’s your last day.
I hope you’ve had a wonderful day & hope you get back soon.
It’s been lovely following your posts over the last few weeks.
Have a good flight back 😊
Thank you. The flight wasn't delayed at least so that was a bonus. We had a great holiday and I hope we get back soon too lol

Originally Posted by Ktdickson View Post
What a fab trip report I’ve just binge read the whole thing! Thanks for trying so many different things! That salmon at PP looked amazing- did you have to pay a tip every time? I can see why you do at WPE as they bring the food to you x
Thank you . Your food gets brought to you at PP but Wolfgang don't request a tip. I didn't give tips on the take out orders at PP though I enjoyed trying all those different things, hope my 'research' has been useful

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Just a thought have you packed your haul in your suitcases or hand luggage? Wouldn't fancy having to empty all that out of hand luggage if they're still checking food at security.😳
Hope you've had a good last day and have a good journey home.
Yes DH wouldn't let me take any food through security lol after last time Thanks for the reminder
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I've really enjoyed this. That was a lot of snacks to bring back!
Thanks
They came in handy as chocolates for school and gifts got a few left over as a private stash

Originally Posted by dietcokebreak View Post
Wow, now thats a haul!

Great report, we are having the gdsp for the first time in August (we’re ddp experts lol but pretty clueless about the qdsp options) so have found it really useful, thank you!
Great glad you found it useful. I feel that the QSDP is great value and a has a great variety.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have enjoyed following your report, you really have managed your credits well and found lots of delicious things to eat and drink. I love the look of the Cheshire Cat slushies on the last day and the fruit platter at Gaston’s (and I’m not a big fruit eater usually)

I do hope you have a good luggage allowance to bring all your lovely treats home 😂 . Have a great last day, and safe journey home
Thanks We even had space left over lol. It's a good job it's a shorts and tshirts holiday lol
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
the inside of that chocolate cream puff at Be Our Guest does look delicious. Thanks for a great report
Thanks . It was just the perfect amount of sweet. Not sickly and delicious. Wish we had done more desserts at BOG. Oh well hopefully it gives me an excuse to go back

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Great report, thanks for sharing. Amazing the variety of things there are to try if you look. Hope you had a good journey back and that your massive haul brings back good memories over the next few months
Thank you, It really was a great variety. I am sure my haul will bring back great memories I have most of it stashed in a top cupboard lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Thank you for sharing your holiday , you did a great job it’s really not easy keeping up with it especially exceptional with 3 kids in tow . I salute you x
Thank you, I have really enjoyed doing it and it has been lovely that you and my other dibb friends have followed along and supported me. Thanks again

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Fab end to your trip.. lots of choice and I didn’t realise Ghiridelli did ice cream! I’m adding that to my list 👍🏻
Those scoops of ice cream were massive well worth a try

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Hope you get the heating and internet working soon. Glad the food all made it home, I presume you didn't have to get it all out of your hand luggage!😂
Thanks,I have internet and half heating sorted lol. No hand luggage fiasco this time lol

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great report
Thanks

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Thank you for sharing such a brilliant food report! Glad you had a good time and I hope you enjoy eating all those snacks!
Thanks for following. We had a great time and am already enjoying eating those snacks

Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
Have loved reading your report, have given me lots of ideas of places to try. Hope the heating and internet are quickly sorted and the Disney blues are not too bad.
Great Thanks, glad it has iven you some good ideas

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Oh my goodness look at that haul

Originally Posted by Smithy78 View Post
Great report, thank you for sharing. Enjoy your impressive haul, helps ease the Disney blues x
Oh those Disney blues. I can't believe how bd it gets ...should have booked those flights

Hope you get internet and heating soon 😊
Thanks

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along sounds like you all had a great timeand came home with a good haul of sweets and snacks

Hope all was well when you got home

Joan
Thanks for reading along. I have really enjoyed taking time at the end of each day doing this. it made me realise how lucky we are to have had this opportunity

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Glad you're home safely, sorry about the heating- hope it is a quick fix for you. Here's to reading about your next trip!
The heating is just another blip lol. I cant wait to do another report hopefully it's sooner rather than later. Meanwhile I will have o live vicariously through others reports

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Pleased to hear you managed to stay under weight allowance and that you all arrived home safely.

Sorry to hear about the heating and internet and hope it’s sorted soon for you. Just remember how far you have come with the house now, and think of this as the final few hurdles. Good luck with that too.

It’s always hard to get over the Disney blues on return though but I’m sure your next trip will be the next thing you start to plan within a few weeks/months, even if the actual trip will be a while away, you won’t be able to resist the planning 😀
Yes, I have literally been checking flights daily. I will need something t fill my time withe once the house is sorted
Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Just wanted to say thank you for your report, it has been great and I will miss not reading it when I wake up. I have loved seeing your photos and it has given me loads of things I want to try. Surely all food in Disney is calorie free, right?
Thanks I have been missing not writing it. I am updating what the calorie free diet did to my weight in my final day update lol wishing it was calorie free

Originally Posted by Ukminnie21 View Post
Thanks so much for doing this report it’s been great following along. It’s given me plenty of ideas - can’t wait to try the num num cookie and attractively named vein pod! Hope the jet lag and Disney blues aren’t too bad xx
Thanks for following. That num num cookie was amazing. I wonder if I can recreate it.
Originally Posted by margshel4753 View Post
Thank you for your food report. I’ve really enjoyed it. It’s been a few years since we last went to Florida because of age and health so it’s been lovely to read about the new places and food available now. Makes me miss it x
Thanks , hopefully you will get back soon enough
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lmorgan View Post
Thanks for the report, I've been showing the family all the thing I think they'll want to try. there has been a lot!
Glad it has given plenty of ideas
Old 15 Apr 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Firstly I want to start my final instalment with a massive THANK YOU
I couldn't have done this without everyone's support and tips and advice
I really appreciate all the kind comments
Doing this report helped me keep my mind busy in my down time at WDW and I really enjoyed posting updates. For anyone thinking about doing one it was a lot easier to do it than I expected

The Final day (Travel day)
It started with breakfast pancakes and waffles.

I had a 8.30 tropical colada (well I had to make the most of our last credits
Tried the smoothie but the kids were in fussy mode and didn't like it. It tasted a bit like innocent smoothie.

So the final day There was loads left as DH didn't feel great.

2QS credits used
Left this for house keeping (we tried our best lol)

For lunch another Colada and 2 lots of nuggets (yawn lol)

2QS credits used

Now for all those credits. There were a couple of other people using theirs so didn't even get chance to give any away. Though we chose some more goodies for my nieces and nephews I really wish I could convert my sisters to the Disney magic.

7QS credits used
11 snack credits used

0 credits left
Mini Haul

At the airport the kids had ta da

Happy meal with 6 nuggets
It came to $24 3 happy meals and some large fries

I had

Orange chicken (delicious) noodles (delicious) and rice (dry and clumpy) This was too much food anyway so the rice not being great didn't spoil it for less than $10 at an airport this is really good value for tasty food I had the small bowl last time and will have it again nest time if there is one

The flight was on time. Security was manic though but it meant a short wait when we finally got through.

Virgin menu

The flight back we got offered drinks once. The rest of the tiem they went up and down with jugs of water and we did get tea with our meal. This didn't seem as good as on our way out but DH said that maybe because it was a night flight? Tbh I think they ran out but would be interested in anyone's experience with this.

Anyway the pretzel and coke

ids meal cheese pasta

Adult meal BBQ pork, which wasn't great tbh but don't expect much from plane food.

Breakfast was cheese croissant (passable) and a yogurt and Aussie cereal bar. These were more enjoyable lol.

I am feeling so sad and hungry now

Oh and finally The weight gain totalled 6lb although 2 lb a week doesn't sound quite as bad).
And lets face it, it has all been worth it

If anyone has any questions please feel free to post. I can't guarantee I have an answer but will do my best.

To everyone using this as research. Hope you all enjoy your WDW holidays

Edited at 05:41 PM.
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Awesome last post thank you!

We have experienced the exact same drinks service on the return flight with both BA and Virgin. On a night flight (even if it leaves at like 5pm) they assume people will be sleeping after the meal service so they won't bring the drinks trolley down again. They often won't bring the duty free one down either and will just pass through the cabin asking if anyone wants anything. However if you ask them when they are free you can always get more drinks as they will still have a full bar to use.
Part of that answer is based on my experience working as cabin crew in the past as well! In addition to the drinks trolley being disruptive to sleeping pax, it takes effort to put it together so its easier to just not bring it down when most people don't want anything.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you so much for your trip report it has been brilliant. We have 12 days on the QSDP in August and cannot wait- even more after seeing your food! We had the DDP last time and we really didn't get to eat enough of the QSDP meals and felt we missed out!
I know have way too many places to eat and not enough time!
Polite pig and the salmon looks so good!
Hope the Disney blues aren't too bad!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Great report, thanks again for taking the time whilst on your holiday to update it... it’s very much appreciated!

I’ve certainly made some note for our trip in September.

Any luck with the cheap flights?
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List