Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Hi all,
We are enjoying the better weather, my youngest 2 are still at school and finish end of this week and next week. Ben has picked up a few extra shifts at work but otherwise chilling out! We haven’t really spoke about uni, think we will go and enjoy our holiday and wait until results day before anything else is sorted or spoke about.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

DD is thinking more about September now and for the first time has admitted that she is a little apprehensive, she said she’s going to miss all her little routines at home 🙁

I’m trying to think of everything she’s going to need - the way I’m going, we’ll be needing to hire a truck to get her there!
I think they are all a bit anxious - totally normal!

O leaves 4 weeks on Saturday. He will have one case weighing not more than 23kg! It us going to be tight

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
Honestly, all plans have come to a halt here. DD is really not sure she will get the grades to go to her firm choice, and I don't think she'll want to go anywhere else. Nearer the time (ie in August) we can discuss the options, and make a plan A, B and C. Even thinking about that just now is stressing her out.
Clearing is an option, a foundation course is an option, staying home and going to Trent is an option (not something she that was even on her radar until recently), and taking a year out is also an option.

Whatever she decides is best for her, I will fully support her decision.
I do hope it all works out for her. I think it’s possibly nerves while waiting for the results, it does seem to take so long between the exams and the results. (Lucky Mel as O has had his results 😀 ) I don’t think Georgia will go unless she gets the grades for her first choice as her friend isn’t going to Georgia’s second choice now and Georgia has decided it’s not where she wants to really go either so I think she would take a gap year and reconsider her options. I have said for her not to dwell on what ifs though, just wait and see what result day brings. It’s going to be nerve wracking the week or so before I’m sure
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Hi all,
We are enjoying the better weather, my youngest 2 are still at school and finish end of this week and next week. Ben has picked up a few extra shifts at work but otherwise chilling out! We haven’t really spoke about uni, think we will go and enjoy our holiday and wait until results day before anything else is sorted or spoke about.
Seems odd to think that the younger children are still in school as Georgia has been home so long 😀 . I think that’s a sensible way to look at it, nothing can be done now until results day so may as well enjoy the summer break 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I think they are all a bit anxious - totally normal!

O leaves 4 weeks on Saturday. He will have one case weighing not more than 23kg! It us going to be tight
I don’t envy you having to pack everything in one 23kg case, no way could Georgia get hers in one case 😂 . The weeks seem to be going very quickly for you and O. I think we will all be feeling the same as you in a month or so time though. So good that we can all chat and support each other with ‘virtual tissues and hugs’ 😢😂
Old 17 Jul 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Hi MagicMouse, we are having a lovely summer. Georgia is feeling far more relaxed about university now. She is very nervous about the actual first week or two especially freshers week as she isn’t a drinker, but is looking forward to this next stage in her life. We have been buying lots of bits ready for her to move, we have all her kitchen and most of her room things. She has chosen a pink and rose gold colour theme for her room and pastels for her kitchen equipment (she even has a pink frying pan 😂 ) so she has enjoyed choosing all her things. She does love spending money, especially if it’s ours not hers 😂 . We can’t get her bedding until after results day as she won’t know what size bed she has until her room is allocated. We are also waiting to buy her laptop until we return from our holiday to Vietnam.

We have a large family car but my husband has joked that we may need to take our caravan too when we take her to uni 😀 . Your DD is going to Bristol too hopefully isn’t she, but UWE? Does she go the same weekend as Bristol University, 20-22? Parking isn’t going to be easy there that weekend so that will wind my DH up too as he hates city driving 😖
UWE is a week earlier, think she’s planning on going up on the 14th which is eight weeks Saturday!

She’s enjoying her Summer, lots of visits to the gym ready for her holiday with her bf after results (hopefully celebrating)!

It’s scary how quickly the time is passing. We’re going to have a big family night out the weekend before she goes as I’ll be celebrating a significant birthday just after she leaves!
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

UWE is a week earlier, think she’s planning on going up on the 14th which is eight weeks Saturday!

She’s enjoying her Summer, lots of visits to the gym ready for her holiday with her bf after results (hopefully celebrating)!

It’s scary how quickly the time is passing. We’re going to have a big family night out the weekend before she goes as I’ll be celebrating a significant birthday just after she leaves!
We have been lucky this year as we have already had a week in Croatia, off to Vietnam to visit our son on Sunday and we have the bank holiday weekend after the exams booked in the Cotswolds with our caravan. These are all lovely ways of making memories of our long summer together and I know Georgia has been enjoying this time together too. But, as you say, it does seem to be going so quickly now. The first few weeks it seemed as if we had ages ahead of us before they go, now it seems just a matter of weeks 😢
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

It is all becoming very real now and very close.

Emma received her reading list for the first semester today. It is very long!

Emma moves to Lincoln on 14th September and we are going to have a family gathering the weekend before.

We are off to Florida 2 days after results day.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
It is all becoming very real now and very close.

Emma received her reading list for the first semester today. It is very long!

Emma moves to Lincoln on 14th September and we are going to have a family gathering the weekend before.

We are off to Florida 2 days after results day.
A family gathering the week before sounds a lovely idea. I was wondering whether we should visit our son in Swansea and his fiancée that weekend for a meal out together but they are actually meeting Georgia in Bristol on freshers week to go to a concert together 😀

I did point out that if she doesn’t get the grades she won’t be there 😢 but if that happened I think she would take a gap year so could still go to the concert with them.

I bet you are all getting excited about the holiday now. It seems a good time to go as it’s giving you something exciting to look forward to as well as the stress of the result day 😀
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

We haven't got any holiday plans as DD should have been working at a holiday club over the holidays. But they have now decided not to respond to messages and are ignoring her so we are guessing that isn't going to happen

She is in a show next week at a local theatre so full on tech rehearsals this week and 6 performances next week. So she really hasn't had time to think about results day.

We are planning on having a family gathering the weekend before she goes to Chichester, its all start to feel a bit real haven't started getting anything yet we are planning a shopping trip after results days.