Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Minnie18 so many many people it seems are in the same position?!
I hope this makes you feel less alone, and that it's not really an unusual situation to be in, if that helps at all I don't know...

My situation is similar in that we have moved around the UK so many times due to my husband's career and whilst our children were small that I've never really had chance over the years to put down roots or create long-standing friendships.
And now this most recent move for us to central Scotland has meant it's worse for me as our children were all older so I didn't even get the 'meeting new mums in the playground' scenario! And I developed an issue that has affected my mobility so that has had a knock on effect too!

Sure, I keep in touch with many good friends from the past on fb, although I'm grateful for these friendships, it's not the same...

Moved away from both my hubby and I's families too, who aren't and weren't very close in any case so no strong friendships there either.

But, I love our family unit here, all our kids are still at home and I've started doing a little bit of work at my hubby's place I have met new friends but it's still quite hard as they are all so very close as have worked together practically forever.

I'm in central Scotland would be happy to chat with anyone, but anyone nearby with a view to having a meet up eventually would be a really nice idea!
You are one of the handful of people I count as a good friend Ellen. It’s a shame we are at opposite ends of the country 😀 We will have to have another meet at Disney but longer than our brief one last year as we landed the day before you were going home 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
You are one of the handful of people I count as a good friend Ellen. It’s a shame we are at opposite ends of the country 😀 We will have to have another meet at Disney but longer than our brief one last year as we landed the day before you were going home 😀
Aw thank you Sue! And likewise! A very good friend!

I still think how weird it is though, that before our family relocated up to Scotland we actually used to live just a mere couple of miles away from each other in Wales!

And yes we absolutely will meet up again, either in Florida or elsewhere! For sure!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Aw thank you Sue! And likewise! A very good friend!

I still think how weird it is though, that before our family relocated up to Scotland we actually used to live just a mere couple of miles away from each other in Wales!

And yes we absolutely will meet up again, either in Florida or elsewhere! For sure!
And you took your dogs to the kennels close to our home 😂

I do wish we had taken the opportunity to meet up for coffee at that time 😢 But I agree we still have a great friendship and will definitely cross paths and meet up again sometime xx
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

It's lovely that as well as sharing experiences, this thread is encouraging friendships and meet ups. I've always felt that I was geographically remote from all other Dibbers, but through this thread I've learned that there are a few more of us up here in the wilds of Scotland. Hopefully we can arrange a Dibb meet at some point.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
It's lovely that as well as sharing experiences, this thread is encouraging friendships and meet ups. I've always felt that I was geographically remote from all other Dibbers, but through this thread I've learned that there are a few more of us up here in the wilds of Scotland. Hopefully we can arrange a Dibb meet at some point.
I was thinking the same about this thread also. Yes a Dibb meet would be lovely.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
And you took your dogs to the kennels close to our home 😂

I do wish we had taken the opportunity to meet up for coffee at that time 😢 But I agree we still have a great friendship and will definitely cross paths and meet up again sometime xx

We so should have done that! xx

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I was thinking the same about this thread also. Yes a Dibb meet would be lovely.
I'm down near Edinburgh, I'd be up for a meet up if anytrhing is arranged at any point!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for sharing Astrid 💖

Have you thought about dating again?
Yes! Dipped my feet into that pool of sharks on a few occasions and have found it quite soul destroying! I am seeing a nice guy who I met through Match last year but he has lots of time constraints so that relationship is not ideal but I keep hoping it will improve!

I've been a member of the Dibb since it's very first day and I have met some wonderful friends through it that I still have now and highly recommend Dibb Meets, those Meets and the people I got to know got me through the very tough times after my marriage broke down.

I have recently joined a tennis club and can highly recommend something like that for people who would like to widen their social circle, I'm by no means sporty but am blown away by the number of new friends I have made through playing.

I think this thread goes to prove that how many 'lonely' people there are in this world but equally goes to show how lovely and kind the people on here are and that as long as there are forums such as this that no-one is truly alone, even if it's just a friendly wave or hello from one username to another

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

I dont really have friends. I have a really good online friend but she's busy and stuff and we dont always have time to chat, but if I need her she's right there and vice versa which is great. I wish I had people in real life though. I'm autistic and seem to have a complete inability to make and keep friends, it baffles me and makes me sad. I'm in ne Scotland so if there was a meet up I'd be up for it.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
I dont really have friends. I have a really good online friend but she's busy and stuff and we dont always have time to chat, but if I need her she's right there and vice versa which is great. I wish I had people in real life though. I'm autistic and seem to have a complete inability to make and keep friends, it baffles me and makes me sad. I'm in ne Scotland so if there was a meet up I'd be up for it.
Your more than welcome to join us over at the cuppa thread.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I just realised the other day that I have no one in my life. I have my children and husband but I have no friends.

What a sad state to get to 38 and have no one to pick up the phone and have a chat with.
I'm 34 and very similar. I have to admit though I'm happy with it that way 99% of the time. Life is busy enough and I am quite lazy when it comes to making an effort with other people
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List