Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Sep 12, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Funkymum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Treacle44 View Post
There are four of us do think the Cheyenne would be ideal for us

Thanks x
Why dont you price up both? We like the fact that theres more space at Davy Crockett, you get a lounge & kitchen area as well as 2 bedrooms. It takes about 10 mins to drive from Davy Crockett, probs take 15 mins to walk from Cheyenne. We've stayed at both & would happily stay at either. Do you think you would use a swimming pool? Its a nice pool at Davy Crockett, my kids loved going in it in the evening. You wont get a pool at Cheyenne

Pop Cen Jan 2006, All Star Mov Sept 2007, POR Sept 2008
DCR DLRP Jan 2009, Cheyenne May 2009, Grand Cal, SSR & AKV Nov 2009, Tuscan Ridge & AKV Aug 2010, AKV & Disney Dream Apr 2011, Dibb Villa & AKV Dec 2011, DCR DLRP Aug 2012 & March 2013, AKV OKW & Disney Dream Aug 2015, AKV OKW POLY VB & Disney CA Aug 2017, PP Cali & Knotts Berry Farm May 2018
SL DLRP Xmas 2018 CB GFV VB Aug 2019, SL DLRP Xmas 2019
Funkymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 12, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
The Cheyenne is a value resort, but within the DLP "bubble" and the resort boundaries.

Its easily walkable to the park gates within about 15 minutes, or there is a free shuttle bus
(most people walk - quicker and easier!)

The price for the Cheyenne will include buffet continental breakfast

Davey Crocket's Ranch are self catering holiday chalets. Breakfast is not included, and there are no shuttle buses from there to the park gates - you are expected to have a car. Parking is of course free for you once at the park.

Some people like Davey Crokets if they're already driving via EuroTunnel or Ferry, and may also want to explore other parts of Paris/France.

Others prefer to get to DLP, park the car and then just relax, knowing everything they need is within walking distance.

Old 10 Sep 12, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post

It's been a long time...going back!

Just booked to go to DLP on January 14th...booked the 4night 5 day package..it's great value just now when you think that's your park entrance included too. I've not been for over 10 years and even though I'll just be back 10 days from my Florida trip,I'm excited to be going with 3 yr old Brooke and 5 1/2 month old Jayden. This time I won't mind coming home fom Florida so much.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
A question for all you seasoned DLP visitors.

Is it possible that Disney will run this promotion next year

DH and I would like to go March 2014 and looking at the prices for next March it looks very affordable

We've never been to DLP before so expect me to be asking lots of questions if we do manage to book next year
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
DLP run offers regularly.

Sign up to their e-shot list on their website at DisneylandParis.co.uk as well as keeping an eye out here on the DIBB of course.

But when you see them - act!

The offers are only based on a limited allocation that DLP reserve.

Book early and book direct with DLP Central Reservation in Paris and you'll get the best range of rooms, options and prices. Don't forget that it's not only DIBBers who spot these offers!
Old 11 Sep 12, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
A question for all you seasoned DLP visitors.

Is it possible that Disney will run this promotion next year

DH and I would like to go March 2014 and looking at the prices for next March it looks very affordable

We've never been to DLP before so expect me to be asking lots of questions if we do manage to book next year
the up to 40% offer is a regular one for DLP UK, especially in low season. However, remember that DLP's base price changes (ie increases) twice a year when they change their published brochures. So it might be slightly more expensive in a year's time, for the same 40% off deal.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
They often do kids under 12 free in March.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post
DLP run offers regularly.

Sign up to their e-shot list on their website at DisneylandParis.co.uk as well as keeping an eye out here on the DIBB of course.

But when you see them - act!

The offers are only based on a limited allocation that DLP reserve.

Book early and book direct with DLP Central Reservation in Paris and you'll get the best range of rooms, options and prices. Don't forget that it's not only DIBBers who spot these offers!
Thank you, I will register now

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
the up to 40% offer is a regular one for DLP UK, especially in low season. However, remember that DLP's base price changes (ie increases) twice a year when they change their published brochures. So it might be slightly more expensive in a year's time, for the same 40% off deal.
Thanks, I was just using next years price a a rough guide. Hopefully it won't be a massive increase

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
They often do kids under 12 free in March.
I see that thanks. The beauty of this trip is that there will only be DH and myself.

DD will have her GCSE's coming up so will stay with my parents

It will be a first Disney holiday without her - she's not overly impressed but we'd be soo excited

Plus we'll hopefully be off to Florida as soon as she's finished school
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 12, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
Thanks, I was just using next years price a a rough guide. Hopefully it won't be a massive increase
Be wary of any DLP quote for more than 4-6 months in advance.

Like has been said, DLP release 2 price structures/brochures per year.

You will find Travel Agents who book DLP for you 12 or months away.

They're doing this on a "its out best guess plus 20% to hold our *special* price for you" rob you blind basis.

DONT DO IT! and don't be swayed into thinking this is an indication of DLP pricing. Its not, and it never is.

Forget Travel Agents.

Always book Hotel & Stay for DLP direct with DLP Central Reservations onsite in Paris, then book your own transport separately for the best deal.

Old 11 Sep 12, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post
Be wary of any DLP quote for more than 4-6 months in advance.

Like has been said, DLP release 2 price structures/brochures per year.

You will find Travel Agents who book DLP for you 12 or months away.

They're doing this on a "its out best guess plus 20% to hold our *special* price for you" rob you blind basis.

DONT DO IT! and don't be swayed into thinking this is an indication of DLP pricing. Its not, and it never is.

Forget Travel Agents.

Always book Hotel & Stay for DLP direct with DLP Central Reservations onsite in Paris, then book your own transport separately for the best deal.

Thank James

We always book our WDW holidays ourselves so we'll definately do the same with this one

I'm already resigned to only booking a few months in advance, that will be new for us, usually we are so organised and have everything booked reall early
Closed Thread