Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Nov 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Opting out of housekeeping at WDW

Hey everyone!

Has anyone used the option when staying on site with Disney to opt out of housekeeping? I know they give you $10 per day but how easy is it?
How quickly do you get the vouchers each day and how long are they valid?
Can you accumulate the vouchers and use them for one larger purchase in one transaction?
How easy is it to get fresh supplies sent to the room?
How often do they come to do security checks, if you're not in the room will they just go into your room, or do they need to see you?

Thanks in advance!
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We were atPOR for 9 nights in Oct. There were signs at check in about it and we took the no housekeeping offer. $80 credit was put on our account immediately and we used it to clear things charged to the room. We asked at bell services for coffee/towels as we needed them and they were promptly sent to the room. We had one visit when we were in the room, ostensibly to ‘check the lights’ but it was very quick.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disney73
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hi we done this last summer when we stayed in POFQ for 2 weeks ,think we got $200 it might of been more will have to check with my wife, in the form of a gift card to use as we wanted,would definitely do it again.
We either rung down or visted reception to request new towels or bed linen, which was replaced the same day, left our rubbish outside the door or took it to the bins when we left for the parks, we are normally a tidy family on holiday anyway, like to make the beds before we leave so was no real hardship.
Not too sure about security checks, but wasn't aware or told of this.
All in all found it suited us and was a good deal obviously not for everyone.
disney73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

We did it at POR and it suited us as a family - It was a relief not having to tidy up for housekeeping before we left the room each day, and having cash instead was handy. The credit was an emailed gift card for the full amount, arrived immediately and I used it to pay off room charges (ADR tips, shopping).

A call to housekeeping for supplies was straightforward, everything from soap, coffee to sheets and towels. We left dirty linen and towels and bin bags outside the room each morning for housekeeping to pick up.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

My mother and daughter did it while staying at ASM recently. I noticed towel carts by the lifts so you could also just help yourself to clean towels.
Old 4 Nov 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Please don't , keep jobs and let's keep the room standards up.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

can you opt for housekeeping for some of your stay? for say once a week? (we're staying for 3 weeks)
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We did this last year and it was about $60 per week, however, we got a random room visit every day from security, which I understood but was also frustrating if it was late and my daughter was sleeping lol
Old 4 Nov 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by robbrdbry View Post
can you opt for housekeeping for some of your stay? for say once a week? (we're staying for 3 weeks)
You can't opt out of the odd day but you can opt out fully after a day or longer.

We stayed in Pop for 8 nights in March and opted out after 5 nights. The Lady on the desk said we couldn't but I knew she was wrong so a Manager engineered it for me.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Please don't , keep jobs and let's keep the room standards up.
They offer it as they can't fill the jobs!

Even with a cash joining bonus they still can't recruit enough people.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List