Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Jun 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Can't wait 😊
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I’m really looking forward to following along
Have a great holiday

Joan
Delighted to have you along, we most definitely will and I hope you enjoy the report

Originally Posted by firsttimedream View Post
Can't wait 😊
Tell me about it! Currently down to 40+ days, I'm hanging on for a bit of World Cup footie to make the last month go quicker but let's face it the countdown moves at the same speed no matter what. Great to have you along, hope you enjoy

Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
Looking forward to reading about your trip.
I’ve just read through your last one, had to laugh at the looong break towards the end.😂
Lol rumbled shhh. It's funny if you read back and it suddenly stops in the middle of a conversation about peanut butter Oreos. Let's just say that I went up into the mountains for a couple of years to connect with the spirit of PB

No long breaks this time! Previously I'd only just joined vs now at fully fledged DIBB addiction. Kind of sneaks up on you doesn't it
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 11:14 AM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Pre-Trip Update:
- Eating (and Drinking) Around the World

So last time we went I spent ages looking for and eventually found this t-shirt. Had been after something which represented all the 11 World Showcase pavilions and it so happened that it was food based

It started with a t-shirt

As soon as I got this my little brain started formulating a challenge. Annoyingly it was near the end of the holiday so there was no hope of doing it that time but I filed it away for later. And I don’t forget this sort of thing so here we are 11 countries, a food and a drink item for each. Can we complete the set over the course of our 10 days at Disney?

Just add a 12th country will you! Think of the symmetry on the merch

I interpret those pictures as follows. Some artistic licence applied so tell me if you disagree:

Mexico is clearly a taco and a margarita
Norway ew something with fish and traditional drink, ideally mead but if not beer stands in
China, a noodle dish and an unmixed spirit drink of some sort
Germany is beer and a bratwurst or similar hot dog
Italy pasta dish and red wine
USA is a burger and I’m calling the can as a soft drink because it looks like a diet coke
Japan, I know that’s a traditional wooden cup for Sake alongside the obvious sushi
Morocco, a kebab of sorts plus the drink could be anything Moroccan e.g. mint tea
France, cheese and a flute of something (hope the champagne is gettable as a drink with the TS or that might prove costly)
UK pint (anything darker than lager) and fish and chips
O'Canada, beer and a steak

So 22 items in total and we’ll try to bag them all. Assessing the list vs the ADR extravaganza:

Well we’re already eating a sit-down in France, Germany, Italy, Japan, China and Canada so probably the table service meals can tick off most of those items. We have an ADR in Morocco too if DW can be convinced to order ‘on plan’ and take a picture (she's soloing Spice Road Table). That leaves US, UK, Norway and Mexico to fill via QS, snack credits or bars (shops too?). Varying degrees of difficulty in finding them

Top 3 things not looking forward to:

1 Norway - glum-looking fish. How do you spend a snack credit on fish?
2 China - unidentified, potentially evil brown spirit drink
3 Mexico - taco involves the Mexico quick service that I’ve heard mixed reviews on. I had a San Angel Inn ADR at one stage but switched it for Nine Dragons. Hopeful the taco will end up being a nice surprise

Top 3 good moments looking at the list:

1 USA - a burger not a turkey leg hallelujah! Still have to eat in the US pavilion but not the sweaty leg of nastiness
2 Germany - giant beer meets giant hot dog I live happily ever after
3 Mexico - margarita. Excuse to stop by the bar here to complete a challenge gratefully received.

Suggestions welcome on specific dishes menu addicts! And look for the 0/22 tracker ticking up through the updates

Edited at 10:25 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fab idea. I'm sure you'll have no trouble hitting 22/22!

Couldn't you try the tipsy ducks in love as the drink from China?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Think you should go for the Canto Loopy from China.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Thanks both for options When I saw the China drink I had flashbacks to a plum wine DW picked when we drank around the world years ago (guess who ended up drinking most of that one ) Can't see that drink in the Joy of Tea menu so it may have gone or was it Japan (it was a long day).

Looked up the descriptions:

Canto Loopy - with Vodka and Cantaloupe Juice - $8.95

Tipsy Ducks in Love - with Bourbon Whisky, Coffee, Black Tea, Cream and Chocolate Syrup - $8.95

I was going to say I had no idea what Cantaloupe tastes like but it's a melon isn't it so melon with vodka and it looks very refreshing in the pic. That could work. The Tipsy Duck is a famous one but I've never tried it. Too much of a sugar bomb for me I suspect (sure I'd like the taste but not necessarily a whole one). If I fib that it's Jameson's not bourbon then DW may well be into this

Edited at 09:08 AM.
Old 3 Jun 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds great, looking forward to it 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OMG! I've never seen a pizza so big! Where is that from? I'd love to try it.

What a brill tshirt, did you get that at Epcot?

Following x

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Sounds great, looking forward to it 😊
thanks, me too. Hope you enjoy

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
OMG! I've never seen a pizza so big! Where is that from? I'd love to try it.
I wish that was one of my dining photos, sadly no - we'll have to both keep an eye out for that one! Biggest pizza at WDW should be the Metro Mezzo at Via Napoli which is @50cm by 30cm I reckon (and the pizza there is great if you like Italian style). The one in that photo must be around twice the size. Would love to tackle the Via Napoli version with the family this time around but not sure we could all agree on it even with 2 different toppings

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
What a brill tshirt, did you get that at Epcot?
I love that shirt! Bought it in EPCOT at a shop somewhere around Canada. It's extremely heavy cotton and great quality so ironically not great for wearing in the Florida summer. Looking out for a similar one featuring the pavilion landmarks this time. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy the trip

------------------------------------------------

A quick update on the food challenge! I can't work out how we're going to do Norway/fish without booking Akershus. It looks like they had this at the QS bakery:

Salmon and Egg Sandwich
Smoked Salmon and Egg
$8.99

but that place is closed at the moment and the temporary replacement doesn't seem to serve that or anything else fishy. #firstworldproblems I know
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 09:11 PM.
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Great Tshirt!