Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Jun 24, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Imagineer

Exactly. It’s really bad customer service!

Originally Posted by KARR View Post
It REALLY wouldn't be a huge stretch for them to just download the email address of everyone staying between two dates and throwing it into their mail software.
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 24, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Horizons
Trying for More Ears

It's a bummer, especially the gift shop being closed... we're there end of August into September.

Sounds like I could get £700 back and move to an all stars resort. That's £50 a day over the 14 nights... Do I think £50 a day is worth it for no skyliner access? I personally don't think so. Not in the August heat, waiting for buses over skyliner more than we'd planned to.
Horizons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 24, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Proud to wear my Ears

I’m going on the 19th Aug and still haven’t been told anything. Not a deal breaker, but as others have said it’s poor customer service
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 24, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Horizons
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by mpark90 View Post
I've booked directly through Disney so i called up for some more information since i've not had anything yet and we stay in the middle of the dates planned.

They said that there is no All Stars available during our stay but we could pay £1500 to upgrade to Caribbean Beach..

They said cast members will be on hand to assist, and there will be a breakfast grab and go area where the arcade usually is and petals bar at breakfast time.

I don't think it will massively impact us as we only eat the hotel 1 or 2 times during our full 2 week stay - if anything, the resort might be quieter
Feeling the same... also if Pop is quieter, more chance of room requests happening and maybe a cheeky room location upgrade!

Gutted about the gift shop for the kids mostly, but it's not like their is a shortage of gift shops at WDW! Just always nice to browse your resort gift shop on arrival.

I personally wouldn't move to All Stars over the refub as Skyliner looks like such a convenient service and also lot's of fun!
Horizons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 24, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Horizons
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I just received an email from TUI too. I can let you know if I notice much noise but it’s going to start pretty much at the end of our trip. I think the shop being shut is a shame too but there are no real shortages of shops elsewhere in Disney
Just been told by Disney on MDE chat that the merchandise shop will be unaffected by the food court refurbishment.
Old 10 Jul 24, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Below is what Disney UK emailed me in regards to the closure. This is in response to an email I sent-

“Please allow me to alleviate your concerns regarding the Food Court at the Pop Century Resort. While the Everything Pop Food Court will be undergoing refurbishments from 29 July to 29 September 2024, it will remain open and available to enjoy. During this period, guests are encouraged to utilize the mobile order in the My Disney Experience app, however there will be cast members on hand to assist if needed. We have no information about limitations on the menu, although dining room seating may be limited. We anticipate very little impact or inconvenience for our guests”
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 24, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
clairenutter
Imagineer

I really hope this is true. I certainly haven’t received any notification from Disney about the closure. Not even since the holiday was paid off!

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
Below is what Disney UK emailed me in regards to the closure. This is in response to an email I sent-

“Please allow me to alleviate your concerns regarding the Food Court at the Pop Century Resort. While the Everything Pop Food Court will be undergoing refurbishments from 29 July to 29 September 2024, it will remain open and available to enjoy. During this period, guests are encouraged to utilize the mobile order in the My Disney Experience app, however there will be cast members on hand to assist if needed. We have no information about limitations on the menu, although dining room seating may be limited. We anticipate very little impact or inconvenience for our guests”
California - Sheraton Disneyland 04
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 05
clairenutter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List