Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Apr 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Thanks so much for replying to me, it's fab you're doing all of this while you're away. At Easter I'm starting at the beginning agin of your report so I can get the best out of our stay. How the heck have you so many credits left, you sure know how to use them wisely.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
Thanks so much for replying to me, it's fab you're doing all of this while you're away. At Easter I'm starting at the beginning agin of your report so I can get the best out of our stay. How the heck have you so many credits left, you sure know how to use them wisely.
I'm honestly not sure how we have so many credits left. It's not by trying to preserve them or anything. We've just been using them as and when we've wanted something to eat/drink and it feels like they're never ending

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I need one of those chocolate spread and fruit waffles! Yum yum!
Fantastic report so far, thank you for taking the time to do it x x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Oh my... those waffles are something I absolutely must have this year!
Great report, I haven't been to most of these places, especially Les Halles Boulangerie, which is now on my must do list

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge

Edited at 09:37 PM.
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Really enjoying your report Vicki. Amazed at how much food you have had and STILL have loads of credits left.

I was worried that we wouldn't have enough next year for our first trip with a dining plan. We have upgraded to the ddp so I am sure we will be fine after reading your report.

Quick question: Do you think the 2 snack credits are working out better than the dessert included on the qsdp?
Last year we made really good use of swapping the drinks and desserts, so I was quite happy with it as it was. However, I don't think it would have worked as well for us this year due to the poor snack choices at CBR. POR was great on the other hand, which is why I feel it worked well for us. Really happy with the extra snack though and they've been great to use at the garden festival booths

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Just read all your report. Brilliant, really enjoyed it. You seemed to have got plenty of food, I don't know how you have so many credits left. You will have to spend your last 3 days eating from morning to night.
Thanks for posting.
Old 10 Apr 17, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 11 - CBR and Epcot

We started today with a late breakfast from the CBR food court. We used 4QS credits and used our mugs for drinks. We ordered:
Me - Western omelette without the ham, with breakfast potatoes and a pain au chocolat.
Andy - Western omelette with breakfast potatoes and a croissant.
Izzy - Pancakes with raspberries and a pain au chocolat.
Brodie - Chocolate chip pancakes with raspberries and a pain au chocolat.

Andy and I had ours by the pool and our table had an orange umbrella which is why some of the food may look a little odd colour wise. It was all good and set us up for an afternoon by the pool.

I was the only one who had a proper lunch, with the rest of the family choosing to snack. I used 1QS credit and ordered the turkey BLT and swapped my drink for a Kind bar (again). Andy used a couple of snack credits and got himself a blueberry muffin and raisin and oatmeal cookie. The children used 1QS credit and got themselves 2 croissants and a chocolate chip cookie. All photographed under the orange umbrella again.

The sandwich was really good. In fact, it's probably the best thing I've had from the CBR food court. Freshly made, packed full of filling and lightly toasted. We declined the accompanying jerk chips as they still didn't look any better than the first ones we had. The muffin, croissants and cookies were enjoyed too (as always).

We were back at Epcot this evening and I wanted to try somewhere that we haven't managed to get to in our previous 4 trips - Tangierine Café. However, the children wanted theirs from the food booth in France again. Fortunately, France and Morocco are next to each other, so they went to get theirs and met us back at Tangierine Café as there's seating there. We ordered:
Me - Shawarma Chicken and Lamb Platter served with a side of Hummus, Tabouleh, and Tangierine Couscous Salad with fresh Moroccan Bread.
Andy - Saffron Rotisserie Chicken served with Yellow Rice.
Izzy - 2 portions of the chicken and crawfish dish from the French food booth (no surprise there I'm sure!).
Brodie - 1 portion of the chicken and crawfish dish. They used 1QS credit to get the 3 servings.

Brodie's picture was blurry, but it's basically half of Izzy's picture
I ordered my meal without realising that the meat was basically kebab meat like you'd get from a chip shop. I'm not a kebab kind of girl, so ate the couscous, tabouleh salad, hummus and half the bread before handing it over to Andy. These were really good. The bread was warm and fluffy, the hummus smooth and the couscous tangy and fresh. The tabouleh salad was mainly some sort of chopped up green leaf, but tasty nonetheless. Andy enjoyed the meat that had some sort of yoghurt dressing and the rest of the bread. He'd happily order it again. The chicken and rice was fairly good too. The chicken was still tender and not dried out with a good flavour. The rides was okay, but too much sweetcorn for my liking as it's not a vegetable I'm fond of. I'm sure there's no need to tell you what Izzy thought of hers! It was the first time that Brodie had it though and he thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely have it again. The main reason that he only wanted a single portion though was to leave space for a vanilla ice cream from L'Artisan des Glaces which we got for 1 snack credit.

Although I was pretty full from dinner, there was one food booth item that I wanted to try on the way out. So we stopped off at The Cider House and I used a snack credit to get:
Freshly Baked Lemon Scone with Crčme Fraîche and Mixed Berries

Oh my, this was good! The scone was crisp on the outside with a soft, fluffy and warm inside with some sort of tangy lemon sauce on top. The berries looked like tinned compote, but weren't and still had structure and flavour rather than just tasting like sugar, and the crčme fraîche just finished it off beautifully. If I'd have had space I'd have gladly scoffed another one!

Back at our resort, it was time for an evening snack for everyone (apart from me as I was still stuffed). It won't surprise you to hear that they got a selection of croissants, pain au chocolat and chocolate chip cookies! Very repetitive, but there just wasn't a huge selection of snacks at the CBR food court that they really fancied. They used 1QS and 1 snack credit for these.

That's it for today. Not 100% sure where we'll be eating tomorrow, so we'll see what transpires

Old 10 Apr 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Just read all this Vickie, thanks so much, all the food looks great and given us some great ideas for next year.

We loved the food court at POR too, but next year we are staying at AKL but I hear the QS there isn't too bad.

Good luck using up your credits x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Mara is prob the best deluxe hotel QS in my opinion. Love their banana nut loaf!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Have been reading along and keep meaning to comment and thank you for this wonderfully informative report

Don't know how you do it whilst on holiday - hope you are having a wonderful time by the way

So much food and you still have loads of credits

You have given me so many ideas to pass onto my DD who is going with her partner in 4 weeks time.

Thanks also for posting on another thread about the non availability of Standard rooms at the resorts and how this might be changed as the weeks go on.
Mainly on your recommendations I have set my heart on POR and there is no availability of Standard rooms anywhere around my dates

Hope my nerves can hang out for a while longer

Thanks again you are providing a wonderful resource for us fellow Dibbers

Enjoy
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List