Notices

Old 3 Nov 15, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like your going to have a great trip, look forward to keeping up with your plans.

Your tattoo is lovely!

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 15, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DLS1005 View Post
Sounds like your going to have a great trip, look forward to keeping up with your plans.

Your tattoo is lovely!

Thank you. Thanks for reading ☺
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 15, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

326 days to go.

Wow, winter is here indeed. Its freezing out there! I love being all nice and cosy inside in winter weather, especially with my new Dopey mug

So, not got too much to update really, plenty of this:

Big one is for DH and I, just pop bits and bobs in it. Trying to keep it 50p and above. I know there's a decent wee bit there already as I've sold a couple of bits (old rabbit cage etc.) on Gumtree and popped it in there and maybe if Grant leaves the odd note lying around I may swipe it!

Kids get pocket money for doing bits and bobs round the house. to be honest I expect them to tidy up after themselves anyway but I figure that if they earn a bit for doing this, then they have that to spend on holiday, they may be a bit more selective about what to buy as its their own money they're spending... I would have spent it on them anyway so they're as well learning about saving and choosing how to spend it wisely. That's my theory anyway

I do have a wee bit of Disney excitement, Grant has agreed that DVC makes sense for us so this promptly arrived:

We will be doing the tour again with our new guide Christina. I know about the resale option too so that will be a decision to think more about nearer the time. Ideally we would like enough points (preferably with BLT as home resort) for either a week every year or 2 weeks every second year in a 1 bed.

So, it's that time of the year again when my thoughts turn to Christmas. I love Christmas. My niece Chloe loves the haunted mansion and has just had her room done HM style so I got this made for her:

It's actually grey. It's part of her Christmas pressie and she's going to love it.

Work is getting mad busy at the moment but its all good, overtime means more Disney spends! Although I spent a fortune the other day in the Argos 3 for 2 toy sale. The poor girls face when I told her I had 10 separate transactions to do! I was determined to save as much as possible. So kids Christmas is just about sorted, another few bits to get for Dylan and that will be it.

Paige loves cooking/baking so we are going to do some home made things for adults Christmas. Am thinking a red onion chutney, chilli jam and maybe some truffles then pop in some cheese and crackers. If anyone has any recipes I'd love some pointers I bought 42 jars from ebay so at least I've got that part of it covered!

Anyway, that's about it for the moment. Next time I'll show you my planning notepad I'll be thinking a bit more about ADR's soon. Still ages away but they are the next thing on my planning list. Oh and I'll need to get the hotel and car booked. Exciting stuff!

Thanks for reading

Edited at 10:05 PM.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Ok, so last night after updating I booked our car woohoo.

Booked through alamo as that's who we have always had before via Thomson and we've never had a problem and know where to go. Booked a full size SUV with gold insurance. I have driven in Florida before but not much. Hubby enjoys driving over there but you just never know so I would rather have the option. Handy having the full tank too so we don't have to worry about filling up before dropping it off.

I've never booked with alamo direct before so is it normal to pay there when we collect the car? I have email confirmation so am guessing it's all fine.

The vinylmations I ordered for Paige have been posted so hoping those arrive soon.

Paige just came through and showed me the animal spotting guide from Kidani, that led into both kids moaning about how much they miss Disney. I know kids, I know! Grant was the sensible one reminding them how lucky they are. I was joining in with the moaning
Old 19 Nov 15, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Very exciting. When do you go? We are tempted to book Thomson flights from East Mids as we only live 5 minutes away. £3500 PE but a friend (a Floridian) has told the other part of the party they'd be mad to spend £2600 on flights ( they are just doing economy) so I think they want to stick it out for a bit. I really don't want to go indirect and I can't see VA or BA falling that much. How are Thomsons?
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 15, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tor32 View Post
Very exciting. When do you go? We are tempted to book Thomson flights from East Mids as we only live 5 minutes away. £3500 PE but a friend (a Floridian) has told the other part of the party they'd be mad to spend £2600 on flights ( they are just doing economy) so I think they want to stick it out for a bit. I really don't want to go indirect and I can't see VA or BA falling that much. How are Thomsons?
Hi, thanks so much for reading. We go on 4th Oct. I love Thomson, we've flown on dreamliner twice and been with them at least once before that too. We paid around £3600 this time for 4 of us PE and I don't grudge it at all. We see it as part of the holiday. PE on the dreamliner is brilliant. Loads of space and we've always had great service. Doesn't feel like you're squashed in a plane. I like Sanford too, really easy and straightforward, the Palm Lounge on way back is ideal and extra luggage is always handy. I have some pics if you'd like to see?
Old 21 Nov 15, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

trying to figure out how to add link to my signature,

Seems to have worked, not sure how to change it to be the report name, got it changed then it said page not found when I clicked link... odd

Edited at 06:57 PM.
Old 21 Nov 15, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

If you want turn the title into an actual link in your signature then in the editor type:

[URL="http://DIBB.in/11132605"]PTR - The one that wasn't meant to happen[/URL

Just add a ] at the very end to close the brackets.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 15, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Oh and I love the tattoo!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 15, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Oh and I love the tattoo!
Hiya, thanks for stopping by & the hints, I'll give that a go