Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Sep 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What a lovely last day you had Abby. You really have made me think I should give DLP another try. It sounds like you had really smooth travel as well with your trains, which is good. Especially with the quarantine coming in not long after your journey. Like you, I would have expected the Eurostar to be very busy.

I know what you mean about not wanting to make future plans yet. I feel exactly the same as everything is still so uncertain.

A last minute Christmas trip would be very exciting - I'm sure the parks at Christmas are amazing. We have everything crossed in this house for the France quarantine to be lifted as my step-son has flights booked to come to us for Christmas this year - he lives in France. We haven't seen him at a Christmas time for 14 years so we will be devastated if he can't come over.

Thank you for posting your report, Abby. As always, it was a joy to read and it's been nice to have a bit of Disney brought into our lives through you and Kate.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I’ve loved reading all about your trip, thank you for writing it all up Abby.

It was a successful travel home day and thank goodness you didn’t have to quarantine!

A Christmas trip sounds wonderful. I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed you make it, we’re hoping to go to France for Christmas too so really hoping restrictions are eased by then!
I'm so glad we took the plunge and booked the trip. It was a fab last minute bit of fun and we had a marvellous time. Who knows when we will get away again? I hope you get your Christmas in France, I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What a lovely last day you had Abby. You really have made me think I should give DLP another try. It sounds like you had really smooth travel as well with your trains, which is good. Especially with the quarantine coming in not long after your journey. Like you, I would have expected the Eurostar to be very busy.

I know what you mean about not wanting to make future plans yet. I feel exactly the same as everything is still so uncertain.

A last minute Christmas trip would be very exciting - I'm sure the parks at Christmas are amazing. We have everything crossed in this house for the France quarantine to be lifted as my step-son has flights booked to come to us for Christmas this year - he lives in France. We haven't seen him at a Christmas time for 14 years so we will be devastated if he can't come over.

Thank you for posting your report, Abby. As always, it was a joy to read and it's been nice to have a bit of Disney brought into our lives through you and Kate.
I've made myself think I should give DLP another try! I just didn't fall for it on the first trip Kate and me took. I'm not sure a Christmas trip will happen, given the state of play at the moment. It would be lovely to see the parks all decorated for Christmas one day though, so if not this year then one day...

I really hope your step son is allowed to come over at Christmas. I'll add that to the list of things I'm hoping for and keeping everything crossed for!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

This was such a lovely report to read. We hope to go to DLP in Jan for a little magic before our rescheduled WDW trip in Aug 2022.
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by CrazyBaby View Post
This was such a lovely report to read. We hope to go to DLP in Jan for a little magic before our rescheduled WDW trip in Aug 2022.
I hope you do get to go and I'm glad you found this fun to read. Aahh, we sure did have a good time. It was wonderful to throw caution to the wind and go for it. Even with masks it was a fantastic trip.

I mentioned when wrote the report and in other replies that I thought last minute trips may be the way forward to avoid disappointment but I'm not sure I really believed it at the time. I mean I meant it, but did I believe it? I love the planning part of the holiday and the build up to travel day. But personally I haven't had the confidence of other dibbers to book up more trips for this year, after cancelling last year's Florida summer holiday and Canada in October I just didn't have it in me to go through all that again.

Surely by next year, January, you will be safe to travel and lots of people will have had trips back to DLP and beyond by then. Maybe we will have had another trip? I hope so. I'm keeping a little bit of hope that we get to spend some of the money we didn't spend last year on holidays this summer. But I'm still not quite prepared to put my money where my mouth is yet.

Anyway, that was a long reply! What I really should have stuck with was...

...thanks for reading and for commenting as it gave me an excuse to remember this trip

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 04:28 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up as needed a bit of a Disney blast
Thanks for sharing your last minute Mum/daughter trip.
Wow no crowds must have been fab.
Me n Dd went couple of years ago and I agree it’s strange going without rest of family but don’t think we will ever get DS 18 and DH there, so me n DD have vague ideas to revisit DLP once Marvel hotel open
I share your re no character greets but at least Kate still likes the non thrill rides
Thanks again for sharing a much needed top up for us all
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Just caught up as needed a bit of a Disney blast
Thanks for sharing your last minute Mum/daughter trip.
Wow no crowds must have been fab.
Me n Dd went couple of years ago and I agree it’s strange going without rest of family but don’t think we will ever get DS 18 and DH there, so me n DD have vague ideas to revisit DLP once Marvel hotel open
I share your re no character greets but at least Kate still likes the non thrill rides
Thanks again for sharing a much needed top up for us all
Kate enjoys the boat rides as much as I do so that's still good. I'm hoping she will get back into character meets at some point as we've always bought an autograph book on our trips to wdw and DLP so I'd miss it if we don't do these again.

That trip last summer was so much fun, hopefully many more of us will get away for some fun and a magical time this summer. I'm glad you enjoyed reading our last minute adventure, we sure did enjoy it.