Notices

Old 28 Jul 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I really believe that with this farce, you simply have to take it on the chin, pick yourself up and then go for it again. We will all prevail eventually and there is no point in sulking about it.

Onwards and upwards!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I really believe that with this farce, you simply have to take it on the chin, pick yourself up and then go for it again. We will all prevail eventually and there is no point in sulking about it.

Onwards and upwards!
I completely agree with you but it is hard.
I’m trying to plan for next year & im very interested in your methods of getting the flights, we always fly indirect & our final destination is always Naples but maybe next year you’ve got me thinking about a new route, we could take in Niagra falls & fly from there to fort Myers, I’ve also looked at tagging Orlando on the end & flying home from there, it’s made a little trickier for us as we fly from Manchester but may have to go from London. Only planning stages at the moment as dates we want not released yet.
Robin3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
I completely agree with you but it is hard.
I’m trying to plan for next year & im very interested in your methods of getting the flights, we always fly indirect & our final destination is always Naples but maybe next year you’ve got me thinking about a new route, we could take in Niagra falls & fly from there to fort Myers, I’ve also looked at tagging Orlando on the end & flying home from there, it’s made a little trickier for us as we fly from Manchester but may have to go from London. Only planning stages at the moment as dates we want not released yet.
We are resigned to a 5 hour drive from Falmouth in any case as LHR is also our most realistic airport for good deals (you can forget Exeter, Bristol or Cardiff for what I seek).

We use the journey as a part of the vacation.
Harry Potter World at Watford is great on the way in to Heathrow before staying overnight at the Airport. Parking and car storage (Prem Inn Bath Rd and Purple) are also superb value.

London Toronto and then either Miami- London or Orlando -London are currently very good for Easter 2021 and I wouldn’t expect them to be much different for the summer. Simply flying home from Florida as part of a Multi City is cheap. It is only straightforward U.K.- Florida’s where you get ripped off on a supply and demand basis. That is why I no longer do it!

Buffalo- Orlando flights are 10 a penny and work out at around £110- £120 pp inc baggage with a 1 hr layover. You can fly it cheaper and direct with Frontier, but they seem a bit ‘Ryanair’ with their extras, even cabin baggage and the total sum comes out much the same when you add in those extras. I would sooner the reassurance of American or United.

I take it that you have read the pretrippie in my signature? That is all booked up, other than train from YYZ into downtown Toronto and the Megabus to Niagara. I am holding off on both as I know that there will be no issues.. other than if I seek a refund on Covid cancellation.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

We are resigned to a 5 hour drive from Falmouth in any case as LHR is also our most realistic airport for good deals (you can forget Exeter, Bristol or Cardiff for what I seek).

We use the journey as a part of the vacation.
Harry Potter World at Watford is great on the way in to Heathrow before staying overnight at the Airport. Parking and car storage (Prem Inn Bath Rd and Purple) are also superb value.

London Toronto and then either Miami- London or Orlando -London are currently very good for Easter 2021 and I wouldn’t expect them to be much different for the summer. Simply flying home from Florida as part of a Multi City is cheap. It is only straightforward U.K.- Florida’s where you get ripped off on a supply and demand basis. That is why I no longer do it!

Buffalo- Orlando flights are 10 a penny and work out at around £110- £120 pp inc baggage with a 1 hr layover. You can fly it cheaper and direct with Frontier, but they seem a bit ‘Ryanair’ with their extras, even cabin baggage and the total sum comes out much the same when you add in those extras. I would sooner the reassurance of American or United.

I take it that you have read the pretrippie in my signature? That is all booked up, other than train from YYZ into downtown Toronto and the Megabus to Niagara. I am holding off on both as I know that there will be no issues.. other than if I seek a refund on Covid cancellation.
Yes I’ve read your pre trip report, it’s given me a lot to think about, it’s very informative & sounds like a fantastic holiday. I’m going to look into it all. Planning & hoping for next year is giving me something to focus on, last year & this year has been so disappointing.
Robin3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robin3 View Post
Yes I’ve read your pre trip report, it’s given me a lot to think about, it’s very informative & sounds like a fantastic holiday. I’m going to look into it all. Planning & hoping for next year is giving me something to focus on, last year & this year has been so disappointing.
There was more, peripheral research before booking the other stuff once I had purchased the flights. and should you have any questions, then please PM me and I will help if I can.

Edited at 12:17 PM.
Old 28 Jul 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Robin3
Getting Excited

There was more, peripheral research before booking and should you have any questions, then please PM me and I will help if I can.
Thank you I appreciate that.
Old 30 Jul 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Sorry your trip has been cancelled I am looking at California/ Vegas for November this year as back up in case Boston/ Orlando in September or October doesn't happen, low deposit (£150 total) with BA but i'm not sure whether it's worth the risk given how strict Cali was with restrictions and lockdowns last year.

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Sorry your trip has been cancelled I am looking at California/ Vegas for November this year as back up in case Boston/ Orlando in September or October doesn't happen, low deposit (£150 total) with BA but i'm not sure whether it's worth the risk given how strict Cali was with restrictions and lockdowns last year.
It is so difficult to know what to do right now.

We have the ‘flip flopping’ of our own government, changing the colours of the various Nations and adding further, even more confusing ones at the drop of a hat.

We have the seeming intransigence of the USA government who do not seem in any rush at all to do anything.

We have the widespread refusal of large numbers of Americans to vaccinate and thus bring forward a decision by their government.

We have the ever changing testing regime with the uncertainty that it brings.

We have the worry about over reaction on any of the above in the event of the inevitable ‘new variant’.

I am out until next Easter (Toronto, Florida) and then, hopefully a rebooking of this one (with variations) for next October.