Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Sep 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Buying an annual pass for universal

Im going to florida next august with my son and im beginning to sort out tickets so i can plan our days. Ive read that people have bought tickets and then upgraded to an annual pass when they got there? But i was wondering can you buy an annual pass at the gate like you can do at disneyland paris (i paid €110 deposit per pass and set up direct debit for the other 11 payments) or does it have to be done online before you get there?
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

You can go to guest services at either park and upgrade there, how much more you have to pay depends on how much you paid for your original ticket against type of pass you want also the exchange rate comes into play plus Florida state tax, weigh up the pros and cons for the type pass you want I found preferred pass works for me that gives me access to all 3 parks, 10% discount of merch and dining ,valet parking and hotel discount (if there’s availability) last year got royal Pacific at 40% off
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Tracey are you asking if you can pay a deposit & then "pay it up" ? Then the answer is sort of, you can Flex Pay but it would be an immediate start- you can't for instance do it to start later IYKWIM As far as buying a "normal" ticket to upgrade, a preferred is (2 park) is currently cheaper than a "normal" ticket(UK).
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Tracey are you asking if you can pay a deposit & then "pay it up" ? Then the answer is sort of, you can Flex Pay but it would be an immediate start- you can't for instance do it to start later IYKWIM As far as buying a "normal" ticket to upgrade, a preferred is (2 park) is currently cheaper than a "normal" ticket(UK).
SD
Yes thats what i was wondering as in i pay the deposit just before i go then continue to make payments after the holiday has finished
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
johnscone
Gone all Goofy

johnscone's Reviews
We have had an annual pass the last few years. They are well worth getting if you plan to visit 4 or 5 times during your holiday, they basically pay for themselves with the free parking and 10% Discounts.

If you only plan on going once in the year it may be worth just getting one annual pass for the discounts and leave everyone else on the 14 day ticket. We normally have one preffered pass (for parking etc) and the rest of the family have basic passes just for entry for the year as we usually go more than once in the year.
johnscone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I priced up current displayed prices, Universal UK are doing a 3 Park for the cost of a 2 Park at £307 currently a 2 Park preferred works out around £299 including tax- I remember not so long ago when you could expect to pay £150 for Universal!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

If i were to get myself an annual pass and not my wee boy could i get him a day ticket with my ap? Apologies if im being dense about aps 🙈😂
Old 23 Sep 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes you can but you can't buy it until you physically have the AP, hotel discounts you just have to have it a check in but to get ticket discounts you need to log in & have your serial number.
SD
Old 24 Sep 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracey2019 View Post
If i were to get myself an annual pass and not my wee boy could i get him a day ticket with my ap? Apologies if im being dense about aps 🙈😂
you can, but the AP discount you get on tickets are about the same as the discount you get for buying the tickets online in advance.
and in order for your AP to come with discounts, you need to go for the power pass and above
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List