Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Sep 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Oakmark
Excited about Disney

Best Upper Class seats with children

Hi Guys

Due to some good luck, we will be able to fly Virgin Upper Class on our next trip.

Having never flown in upper and looking at the seat maps I'm a little concerned about where to put people.

We are flying on the 787, if sat across from people can you see them? I have a 9 year old and want to be able to reassure him if required.

Cheers
Mark
Oakmark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

I've only flown upper on 747 so not much help. Saying that, looking at the seats, if you have three of you flying then I would get 2 window and one in the middle facing. If you are tall enough you should be able to reach over if there is a problem.

It is a great experience!
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been wondering the same, from what i've seen on the 787 the left side seats (A) face the back of middle seats (G) so are good if you don't want to be staring at anyone else, but if you want to keep eye on family it's best in row G and K.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’d go for the same numbered seats in rows G and K (say 6G and 6K) as they are as ‘adjacent’ as it gets. I’ve not flown on the 787 but on the 747 you couldn’t reach over when the seat belts are fastened. I’ve done the trip with my granddaughter (who has flown UC a few times from being 3) and I could still see her for reassurance.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie 12
Excited about Disney

Hi could anyone tell me what seats are best on Thompson dream liner looking for extra legroom thanks
minnie 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

The back seats in economy. With you up front.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
The back seats in economy. With you up front.
I agree the Kirstie Alsopp method of family travel is the best.

You sit in the posh seats and the kids sit in the back. After all they don't need the extra space or lovely premium champagne.

And as an added benefit the air crew get to babysit your kids while you over-indulge on booze
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List