Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
CameronJohnston
Earning More Ears

Interesting tweet from Orlando International Airport's official account. Virgin possibly resuming services by mid/late May.

twitter/MCO/status/1257729547467972608?s=20
July 2012 - Daytona, Orlando, Celebration, Tampa, Newark & NYC - July 2013 - Daytona, Orlando, Celebration, Miami & Florida Keys - July 2014 - Atlanta, Daytona, Orlando, Celebration - July 2015 - Atlanta, Daytona, Orlando, Celebration, NYC - July 2016 - Orlando, Daytona, Celebration, Miami & Florida Keys - July 2017- Atlanta, Orlando, Daytona, Celebration, St Augustine, NYC
CameronJohnston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

We Took the decision to move our June 21st trip until 12th September. I was really hoping to go in June, but the more I come to terms with it, the more I realise that September is better.

If there is a massive increase in cases once things start to reopen, we will have time to see this and make an informed decision.

For those still looking forward to going, I hope you get to travel and it have a great and safe holiday.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

I,d be surprised if FCO travel advice is changed by end of May
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I am hoping to get to the lodges I booked in the UK as the alternative 6 weeks ago.

I am hoping to get to WDW at Xmas, but that is 60/40 against.

I am hoping to get to Florida for summer 2021, that is maybe 60/40 for.

I am expecting to get to WDW for Xmas 2021.
Old 7 May 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Yes I'm hopeful, also due to fly end of August (not Florida this year). But when the kids ask we say "maybe it will happen, maybe it won't, we have to wait and see and it will be fine whatever happens"
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Theme parks are reopening in Norway. Just need to get there!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMooner
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by BlueMooner View Post
The first lockdown will finish, then restrictions lifted and phase 2 will hit late August / September. We're planning for it already. We'll be in a much stronger position to deal with the 2nd phase, will know who is already resistant to it in keyworker roles and will have lots more ventilators to reduce the amount of deaths. This isnt a doom merchant perspective, this is what we are preparing for now to be in a better position come early Autumn.
I had hoped that the planning for phase 2 wouldn't be needed. Unfortunately it hasn't proved to be the case. But we are ready across all public sectors. A tough month or so ahead of us but we'll get through it, like we always do. Stay safe folk.
BlueMooner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
A doomsday scenario without evidence.

The government has already committed finances into next winter and the debt is serviceable because there is virtually no interest. Most pension funds are money purchase so will not go bust.

If necessary, and no one knows for sure how long is needed, lockdown is sustainable for months.
How out of date does that look now?!
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by blainy View Post
How out of date does that look now?!
What do you mean?

The original comment was made back in early April 2020 about 2 weeks after we'd gone into lockdown. Schools were allowed to reopen in June but, arguably, we continued with that first lockdown with many businesses closed until early July - so about 3 months after the post was written. That's when the first lockdown ended.

So the initial lockdown was indeed sustainable for months.

In the end, I believe England had 3 lockdowns, although they were each somewhat different to one another and, of course, there were long periods of restrictions ("partial lockdowns"? ) between each of those "lockdowns".

Covid restrictions ended in July 2021, nearly 16 months after restrictions were first brought in. However, certain rules - like the requirement to isolate if you had Covid - continued until February this year.

Of course, that's by-the-by. The original post was about when we all thought we'd be able to fly out to Orlando again. Back in April 2020, some (like myself) were hopeful that flights would resume in August that year. Instead, it wasn't until November 2021 before we were allowed to travel from the UK to the USA again - about 18 months later.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 12:56 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List