Old 19 Sep 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What an exciting day! And great food at either end of it too 😊
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fabulous day Amanda!

Though, frankly, not enough cocktails in it for my liking 😂
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The Bob Evans breakfast sure looks good, I could definitely eat one of them with the crepes on the side as well, yummy. Lots of decisions to be made about flooring and cabinets. I bet that was fun choosing all the interiors. No wonder you were hungry for dinner after all that, and what a dinner, a lovely steak and loaded potato. Hopefully the pesky smoke alarm had been sorted and you enjoyed a full nights sleep.
It’s such good value at Bobs and they were so friendly. Perfect start for us. It was a bit stressful at times being in a room with so much choice. we got there in the end ... we only changed our minds twice in the rest of the week ...
Dinner was nice. I still think Longhorns is fave but this was good. . Happily the alarm was sorted

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ah Bob, *sigh*, how I’ve missed you 😩

Oh Amanda this is just the perfect day! I would be in my absolute element making all of those decisions, even if it meant Jim and I ended in divorce. In fact as you know I went to Howdens today and even that has ended up in a ‘heated discussion’ and this is only a kitchen 😂

Ooh that walk in wardrobe is bigger than my bedroom, so jealous! Think of all the shopping that will need to be done to fill it 😆
Ha ha, I have taken longer deciding on stuff for Re doing our en-suite than I did kitting the whole house. I think maybe as the choices were finite .. whereas here we go from shop to shop and I’m like ... can we just go back to ... Andy rolls eyes ...🙄

Ha ha. Not only is there that wardrobe but two linen cupboards too. I am under strict instructions not to over purchase bedding and towels As if
One set for every season right
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
What an exciting day! And great food at either end of it too 😊
Ha ha thank you. It was all a bit surreal really

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
What a fabulous day Amanda!

Though, frankly, not enough cocktails in it for my liking 😂
I know too busy for drinkies. Very poor show. If I’d known what was coming with Covid I would definitely have planned better
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

How very exciting. Sounds like a lovely day with lots of choices made. It must have been lovely driving around and seeing all the building coming along. I wish I could have an American breakfast right now!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I loved reading about this day, such fun with all of the choices. Great start with a Bob's breakfast - I've never had the crepe there, but it looks fab. If we EVER get back there I must try it I think.

Your choices are all lovely, from the exterior colours to your cabinet, worktop and floor coverings - I love them all. The house layout looks great too, very spacious.

I've always noticed that the villa's in Florida have the same cabinets and worktops in both the kitchen and bathrooms and thought it a little strange. I didn't realise that it has to be that way with the builder.

What is it that you don't like about the second bathroom?

Nice way to finish the day having dinner with friends. No wonder you were tired by the end of it though, having made all of those decisions.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
How very exciting. Sounds like a lovely day with lots of choices made. It must have been lovely driving around and seeing all the building coming along. I wish I could have an American breakfast right now!
Ah sorry I missed this !
It is crazy the amount of construction and it will be hugely different when we get back out there .
Mmmm, A Bob or Perkins breakfast would be so great right now

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I loved reading about this day, such fun with all of the choices. Great start with a Bob's breakfast - I've never had the crepe there, but it looks fab. If we EVER get back there I must try it I think.

Your choices are all lovely, from the exterior colours to your cabinet, worktop and floor coverings - I love them all. The house layout looks great too, very spacious.

I've always noticed that the villa's in Florida have the same cabinets and worktops in both the kitchen and bathrooms and thought it a little strange. I didn't realise that it has to be that way with the builder.

What is it that you don't like about the second bathroom?

Nice way to finish the day having dinner with friends. No wonder you were tired by the end of it though, having made all of those decisions.
Hi Lynda, sorry I missed this.
Sigh, yes when will we have that first morning moment at breakfast again
It is a great layout. So many designs to choose from
The second bathroom in pretty much all the homes we saw had this moulded unit which I really don’t like. We asked for it to be tiled instead. I will find a pic now ...

You can just see here. I just don’t like the finish on it so want it tiled . I can see this makes sense if it’s used a lot .. easier to clean etc but as it will be only used if the kids come over, I’d rather have the tile finish.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ooh just found this report as your comments today bumped it into my new posts feed 😁 how fabulous to have this to read!

House looks amazing and I love your colour choices. What an exciting thing to be doing. I’m off to find the rest now...

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ah sorry I missed this !
It is crazy the amount of construction and it will be hugely different when we get back out there .
Mmmm, A Bob or Perkins breakfast would be so great right now

Hi Lynda, sorry I missed this.
Sigh, yes when will we have that first morning moment at breakfast again
It is a great layout. So many designs to choose from
The second bathroom in pretty much all the homes we saw had this moulded unit which I really don’t like. We asked for it to be tiled instead. I will find a pic now ...

You can just see here. I just don’t like the finish on it so want it tiled . I can see this makes sense if it’s used a lot .. easier to clean etc but as it will be only used if the kids come over, I’d rather have the tile finish.

Sounds like life is super busy for you at the moment Amanda - I hope you and yours are all ok?

Yes, I see what you mean about the moulded tile unit. We’ve had them in rental villas many times. Fine for that purpose, but I agree that in your own home tiles would be much nicer. I bet you can’t wait to get back over to see how it’s all coming along.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

You did well to make all those choices on your 1st day, my head would have been too fuzzy with tiredness!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List