Old 6 Sep 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
What a lovely mother and daughter trip you had! Thank you for sharing! I'm so glad you managed to get some disney magic after your cancelled trip.

I am toying with the idea of going when the schools break up for Christmas too - just trying to be patient and see how the next few months play out 🤞
It was heart warming to get a bit of Disney magic for a little while. I was so sad our trip to Orlando was cancelled and it was nice to be carefree and have fun.

Fingers crossed indeed for your Christmas trip. I'm not so good at being patient, I'd normally be chomping at the bit to get something booked up. But, given the uncertainty at the moment and the success of this last minute trip I'm just going to wait and have the idea in my head as a maybe.

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Abby, what a lovely wee trip so glad you got to do it.
Thanks for sharing and I really enjoyed reading along as usual
It was a spontaneous trip that I'm glad we did. I'd ummed and aahhed over it for a little while seeing posts on here of people saying they had booked Paris. In the end I woke up that Sunday morning and just thought it's now or never, meaning book it or stop thinking about it. Well, I'm sure glad I booked it.

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Thanks for the baggage info, a very helpful and useful tip! 😁
No problem

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

It’s been lovely to read a trip report and so wonderful that you got to experience some Disney. Your last day sounds good and the weather wasn’t too hot for you both either. I still love that IASW was the final ride I’m pretty sure it would have been our last ride too. I have never felt so exhausted by all the walking, I remember thinking Charles de Gaulle had pretty much finished us off...I’ve never had the same feeling in Florida!
I always wanted to go back to DLP over Halloween as the next day it becomes Christmas...I think another trip would be great if you could squeeze it in-would the boys go?
Hope work has been ok and a huge thanks as always for writing up your adventures for us to share with you😊
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
It’s been lovely to read a trip report and so wonderful that you got to experience some Disney. Your last day sounds good and the weather wasn’t too hot for you both either. I still love that IASW was the final ride I’m pretty sure it would have been our last ride too. I have never felt so exhausted by all the walking, I remember thinking Charles de Gaulle had pretty much finished us off...I’ve never had the same feeling in Florida!
I always wanted to go back to DLP over Halloween as the next day it becomes Christmas...I think another trip would be great if you could squeeze it in-would the boys go?
Hope work has been ok and a huge thanks as always for writing up your adventures for us to share with you😊
Yes the weather was much easier to deal with today, which was really handy as we didn't have the hotel room to hide in during the heat of the afternoon. It's a small world in Paris is totally awesome. We loved it. I'm not sure if a Christmas trip is more of a pipe dream than a reality but it's fun to dream.

Work has been shattering and fantastic all in one! It's great to see all the kids again, but oh boy there are lots of new rules and everything is different. I'm exhausted, we've not even done a full week yet as last week was a 4 day week due to the bank holiday. It is definitely good to be back, it's just tiring getting used to one way systems, year group arrival and departure times, year group zones for break and lunch and hand sanitizing every time you enter a room, the actual work part is great it's just getting used to all the differences that is hard. I hope the girls have settled in ok. Most of our kids seem to be coping really well, perhaps better than some of the adults.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd08/10
Imagineer

This is was lovely to read.. we'd a big Disneyworld trip last year and had no plans to return for a few years but nothing like the stress of a pandemic to make you want to run and hide in your happy place. When i went to DLP last in 2016 i did what you did compared. But im getting the ferry over from Ireland next year as i need a fix..
2014 Dec Clarion Inn LBV
2019 June POR and Formosa villa
mrsd08/10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsd08/10 View Post
This is was lovely to read.. we'd a big Disneyworld trip last year and had no plans to return for a few years but nothing like the stress of a pandemic to make you want to run and hide in your happy place. When i went to DLP last in 2016 i did what you did compared. But im getting the ferry over from Ireland next year as i need a fix..
I hope you have a fun trip in DLP next year and try not to make too many comparisons, although I'm not that good at that myself. You're right it was so good to be in our happy place and just forget the worries of the world for a few days. Fingers crossed a few more dibbers have their bit of magic too.

Old 13 Sep 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report. It definitely brought back my own recent memories through your fab photos. I agree I have a very different opinion of DLP and would consider returning. It definitely brings a little Disney magic and sparkle into your world.
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip report. It definitely brought back my own recent memories through your fab photos. I agree I have a very different opinion of DLP and would consider returning. It definitely brings a little Disney magic and sparkle into your world.
It certainly feels like we were very lucky to have got our Disney fix this summer .

Also, I'm really thankful to you for the tips on where to eat . We really did enjoy Hakuna Matata QS at lunch and the dinner at Annette's was great too. So thank you for coming to the rescue after my complete lack of planning!

Old 19 Sep 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I did not know you have never done Astro Orbitor, you have to do it, just for the views. We either do it at rope drop, or during MNSSHP. It is such a faff though with the lifts, I don’t know why they thought that was a sensible concept.

Really interesting to see how the buffet operated. The starters looked fantastic, especially Kate’s! Quite impressed! They would have gone down nicely with that lovely bread basket with REAL BUTTER! The food was all really well presented considering their staff are more used to dealing with huge trays of food.

Your last picture looking down Main Street is lovely! Such a shame there’s some people in it as I’d have been tempted to get it framed. Love that you caught the balloons at the side.

My heart hurt a little reading Kate wasn’t fussed about the characters, I am hoping that maybe it is a temporary blip and she was conscious that you only had a short time on this trip and wanted to squeeze in as many rides as possible. Or maybe I am just in denial, who knows.

Yes, yes, yes to a Christmas trip! Although I am not too sure I approve of this new 'fly by the seat of your pants Abby'. She's a bit scarier than character less Kate.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I did not know you have never done Astro Orbitor, you have to do it, just for the views. We either do it at rope drop, or during MNSSHP. It is such a faff though with the lifts, I don’t know why they thought that was a sensible concept.

Really interesting to see how the buffet operated. The starters looked fantastic, especially Kate’s! Quite impressed! They would have gone down nicely with that lovely bread basket with REAL BUTTER! The food was all really well presented considering their staff are more used to dealing with huge trays of food.

Your last picture looking down Main Street is lovely! Such a shame there’s some people in it as I’d have been tempted to get it framed. Love that you caught the balloons at the side.

My heart hurt a little reading Kate wasn’t fussed about the characters, I am hoping that maybe it is a temporary blip and she was conscious that you only had a short time on this trip and wanted to squeeze in as many rides as possible. Or maybe I am just in denial, who knows.

Yes, yes, yes to a Christmas trip! Although I am not too sure I approve of this new 'fly by the seat of your pants Abby'. She's a bit scarier than character less Kate.
One day we will get around to doing Astro Orbiter, it's not something we've wanted to prioritise at rope drop and because there are no FP we've not bothered with it as we can't be doing with the waiting.

The starters and dessert were great at the buffet that wasn't a buffet. I wonder if they will ever go back to it being a proper buffet as having it served worked so well. I hope buffets do come back as we do like them.

I was very sad looking back one last time down Main Street. I surprised myself actually.

I'm sad to say that I don't think characters will feature as much in our trips from now on. She had said she didn't want to get an autograph book for our WDW trip this summer so I was already prepared for the idea that we would only meet characters at buffets. I can't see her changing her mind and the boys aren't bothered. I will still force them to do character spot at Epcot but I think the days of meeting lots of characters are in the past.

As for future trips, I can't bring myself to book anything. I've still got to sort out the Canada trip in October. BA are still flying daily into Toronto and I don't think they will cancel the flight. It was easier with wdw as the decision was out of our hands. I suppose this is still true as Canada won't allow foreign travellers, but sorting it out is not fun at all. Actually phoning and cancelling has been on my weekend to do list for the last 4 weekends.

Also, usually by now I'd be comparing and tracking flight prices for next summer but I can't do it. Everything still seems so uncertain. I know lots of companies are offering book with confidence terms and have good cancellation policies. It's not about the money though, I don't want to book and get my hopes up to then have to end up cancelling. At the moment the only way I'd contemplate booking and then going on a holiday is doing so last minute. I just can't make plans that may not be achievable. Who knows what will happen by next summer, Christmas still seems a long way off too. I'm trying to be thankful for the things we do have and not keep wishing for the things we can't have but it's not always easy.

To try and not end on such a negative tone one of the things I have been enjoying is our weekly watching of the next Disney movie on our list. Yesterday morning we watched Lion King and it's such a great movie. We've got a few good ones coming in the 90s with Pocahontas and Toy Story up next week. This morning we are watching A Goofy Movie, well technically I've been replying to you and Kate has been playing games on her phone.

I've enjoyed hearing from you, I hope you enjoyed reading about our Paris adventure.

Take care

Xx

Old 20 Sep 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve loved reading all about your trip, thank you for writing it all up Abby.

It was a successful travel home day and thank goodness you didn’t have to quarantine!

A Christmas trip sounds wonderful. I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed you make it, we’re hoping to go to France for Christmas too so really hoping restrictions are eased by then!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List