Notices

Old 21 Aug 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
We went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach last Saturday (15th). Yes it was busy but at no time did I feel that queues were out of control or crowds were crazy. It might have been due to the fair being open until 10pm that day and the Pleasure Beach offering discounted tickets for admission after 4pm but I’m not sure. We got there before opening time at 10am and were let into the park early. We were on our first ride dead on 10am and did 3 rides in the first 45 mins. Queues got longer as the day went on but we were done with everything we wanted to do by 5pm and left then so can’t comment on whether it got busier after that. Much better day than I was expecting to be fair. Staff on all the rides were enforcing mask wearing for everyone over the age of 6, there were lots of sanitation stations and staff reminding people about social distancing as well as staff walking round with placards and loud speakers reminding people again. I don’t think they could have done much more. They weren’t cleaning rides between goes but that’s where sanitising my own hands came in, which we did after touching anything. Had a great day.
We did the Pleasure Beach end of last month- the hand sanitisor they used was horrible. We used the phrase 'it was like grabbing a jelly fish' - I would take my own if we go back.
Hoping Alton Towers use a different brand when we go.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have done a mini trippie on here as we visited Alton Towers, Legoland and Chessington all in one week after purchasing Merlin Premium Passes.

Alton Towers was my favourite and felt safest and quietest but that could be because it's so big! Legoland and Chessington were both busy but I'd say Chessington was the busiest but I think it's also the smallest? Legoland was up on the safety but Chessington felt less enforced. I think I noticed more because Legoland was quite strict and questioned each guest who didn't have face masks, asking them to provide proof.

We had a lovely time at all of them and stayed onsite as well.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have who have an up and coming visit planned 🙂
Old 27 Aug 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I have done a mini trippie on here as we visited Alton Towers, Legoland and Chessington all in one week after purchasing Merlin Premium Passes.

Alton Towers was my favourite and felt safest and quietest but that could be because it's so big! Legoland and Chessington were both busy but I'd say Chessington was the busiest but I think it's also the smallest? Legoland was up on the safety but Chessington felt less enforced. I think I noticed more because Legoland was quite strict and questioned each guest who didn't have face masks, asking them to provide proof.

We had a lovely time at all of them and stayed onsite as well.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have who have an up and coming visit planned 🙂
We have just returned from 4 days at Alton Towers and have to say - they are trying their best for self distancing and every thing else. But it is the customers who are ignoring them like staying one sheveron apart in the Q lines- they just stop in the middle a short distance from the group in front.

The British weather tried to upset the trip but we carried on.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Luckily we found those types to be in a minority but I did feel uncomfortable sometimes as one family got incredibly close to us at Chessington.
Old 17 Sep 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We’ve just come back from a one night stay at Alton Towers. We didn’t actually stay at an Alton Towers hotel though, we are 2 adults in our 20’s and we couldn’t justify the cost, so we paid £43 for a holiday inn express which was about a 25 minute drive from AT.

Wednesday we went to AT theme park. It was so quiet! The longest we waited was about 30 minutes for Smiler & Oblivion. Everything else was about 10-15 minutes or a walk on. We did 16 rides before we felt sick and left at about 5:15pm!

Thursday (today) we went to water park and again this was really quiet. Every slide was a walk on and it didn’t feel busy or crowded.

Overall we had a really good time, we never felt too close to anyone else really and the staff were constantly reminding people over the tannoy to SD if they weren’t doing it as well as they wanted. There were clear markings on the floor of where to stand in the queue and a lot of one way only areas to help with tight paths. Most rides you also had to wear a mask on too.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

We went to Oakwood the week before last.

The way they handled the current situation was excellent.

You need to pre-book tickets online, however these were still available on the day to book.

There were 2 members of staff greeting visitors at the entrance & encouraging everyone to use the hand sanitizer prior to going into the park. The sanitizer smells like whiskey 🥃

The park was pretty empty, there was more staff than customers.

Spacing in all queue lines was well marked & other visitors were abiding by the spacing. Some people were wearing masks, others weren’t. As it wasnt crowded it was easy to keep away from other groups.

The staff are doing an awesome job with sanitising the rides, they are wiped down after each run, this happened on every single ride and we never saw it being missed or skimped on throughout the day.

Spacing on the rides was also excellent, at least 2 rows were left between groups & different groups were seated at opposite sides of the ride trains, at least 2 rows apart.

On speed later in the day they were running it with just one group on at a time.

Loads of staff were visible all day, bins were being emptied & toilets cleaned regularly.

There are hand sanitiser stations at every ride & throughout the park.

There are no sit in restaurants open but the take away venues are open & there are plenty of picnic benches or open grassy areas to sit.

We were really impressed with the way everything was handled & felt very safe throughout the day as the staff are extremely conscientious with the way they handle everything.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We went back to Chessington today , my god it was horrific .
We only did 2 rides and had space invaders in both queues , we got in the queue for vampire which would have been our 3rd ride and I’d had enough by then so had to ask the family behind to back off a bit as they were right behind us .
They were nice about it thankfully.
After 20 mins the queue hardly moved at all so we gave up and left .
It was like hell on Earth .
Definitely will not be renewing our merlin passes and we’ve had them for about 8 years .
It was so bad I’m actually going to email a complaint .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

We were at Flamingo Land a couple of times this week. Haven’t seen a theme park so deserted since an episode of Scooby Doo. So it was good in terms of social distancing as we never had to queue.

However, I was very aware of the inherent risk in these places from constantly touching things other people have touched like handles and safety bars on the rides. Plenty of sanitiser around which we used on every ride, but not everybody did.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to Legoland 11th October. It was our first theme park visit of 2020 and we were really hesitant about how it would be based on things I'd read online and in the Merlin passholders group on facebook.

We had an amazing day, it rained pretty much all morning and I think that put a lot of people off as it was really quiet. The longest we queued was for 30 minutes to go the Submarines. The social distancing measures were really good - clear markings on all pathways and queue lines. There were a couple of families that didn't seem to realise we were in a global pandemic but on the whole most people were adhering to the rules.

The rides were stopped regularly to allow for cleaning and there was an abundant amount of sanitiser around.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We went to Legoland 11th October. It was our first theme park visit of 2020 and we were really hesitant about how it would be based on things I'd read online and in the Merlin passholders group on facebook.

We had an amazing day, it rained pretty much all morning and I think that put a lot of people off as it was really quiet. The longest we queued was for 30 minutes to go the Submarines. The social distancing measures were really good - clear markings on all pathways and queue lines. There were a couple of families that didn't seem to realise we were in a global pandemic but on the whole most people were adhering to the rules.

The rides were stopped regularly to allow for cleaning and there was an abundant amount of sanitiser around.
We were there the day before you and the social distancing was better there than other merlin parks we’ve visited recently .
However it was really busy and we only managed 3 rides before we got fed up . Luckily having a merlin pass means we don’t need to get our monies worth but I feel sorry for those who pay full price to spend all day in queues !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List