Notices

Old 20 Sep 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Great news!
I get 7% through my otherwise lousy employers portal in cash backs with B’ing.com and 8% with E,bo...rs.
As you know, I religiously research all vacation expenditure and am finding the second one better at the moment.
I am paying upfront as I am rather concerned that the pound will take a nosedive in the months following any ‘no deal’ Brexit. My Dollars for spending are still ‘in hand’ also

Cars? I did the same with this and found Money S.per... et very good when it takes you to Argu. Who then put you with Alamo. This comes in at less than half the price of Alamo Brits and straightforward Alamo is even more.. free cancellation and 2nd driver is present with all of them!

Good luck with your plans. We all loved DC, but have not visited the rest!
Thanks for info re cars. I'll have a look.

Good that you get some useful benefits via your portal at work.

Also been looking at Auto Europe as they were reasonable and refunded me this year with no issues.

Happy days...hopefully.

Old 21 Sep 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

In the process of rebooking and Hotels.com have a 10% cashback when via Quidco for all 2021 hotels. I've done all but one accommodation now and hope to book a flight next week. Yet to do car rental yet so thanks for the tips!

I'm also going to do a Plan B again where we just stay in Canada, rather than crossing the border into USA, just in case we can't do that.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023

Edited at 02:15 PM.
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Loving the itinerary CFB

I wonder if you can just pay to be paddled at Heart Attack Grill without having to order any food
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
Loving the itinerary CFB

I wonder if you can just pay to be paddled at Heart Attack Grill without having to order any food
Hmm. My 18 year old has asked if they would paddle him even if he did eat all his food... if he asked nicely!

I believe he wants it for his Facebook profile.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:41 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Well that’s it, fully updated again and with all Hotels now booked with all but two paid for.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Revisions, revisions!

Unfortunately, my family did not relish the 8 hour, 503 mile drive from Hollywood to Tucson. The computer has been whirring and we are now dumping car (A) at Burbank Airport, flying to Tucson via Phoenix (£77 pp) and then picking up car (B) at Tucson airport. This is 5 hours of travel (plus security check in at Burbank) and should be a sight easier than an 8 hour drive plus stops... or so my wife reliably informs me! I was hoping to divert to Cap Rock Carpark in the JT national park, the site of the botched cremation of Gram Parsons (a great wiki read and subject of a film starring Johnny Knoxville), but regrettably, that is no longer an option.

Onwards and upwards!

Edited at 09:28 AM.
Old 22 Oct 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I understand this. A couple of years ago we drove from San Diego to Phoenix, took about 5 1/2 hours and was just mind numbing. I really felt for my dh who does all the driving. The most exciting thing was being right down on the border and seeing 3 blacked out SUV’s drive past us in formation. If you have ever watched Sicario it was straight out of that movie.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I understand this. A couple of years ago we drove from San Diego to Phoenix, took about 5 1/2 hours and was just mind numbing. I really felt for my dh who does all the driving. The most exciting thing was being right down on the border and seeing 3 blacked out SUV’s drive past us in formation. If you have ever watched Sicario it was straight out of that movie.
Yes, it was a lot of samey miles. Don’t forget that 3 days later we have some more ‘samey’ miles when we drive from Tucson, past Winslow and on to the Grand Canyon South rim. There was no reasonable flying option to this one, although we could save around 80 miles by missing Winslow and driving up through Phoenix... but I really love the song and Winslow it shall be!
I just hope that I see ‘A girl my lord in a flat bed Ford just tryin’ a take a look at me’.

Edited at 10:42 PM.
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Yes, it was a lot of samey miles. Don’t forget that 3 days later we have some more ‘samey’ miles when we drive from Tucson, past Winslow and on to the Grand Canyon South rim. There was no reasonable flying option to this one, although we could save around 80 miles by missing Winslow and driving up through Phoenix... but I really love the song and Winslow it shall be!
I just hope that I see An girl my lord in a flat bed Ford just tryin’ a take a look at me’
That just sounds so great. It’s those type of things that make holiday
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

CFB, Your trip looks fantastic. You will love the boneyard too. Good Luck! Hope it comes off.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List