Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I think that’s quite expensive personally. I try and target £400 to LAX direct.
Assume that is direct from London though. Add in connecting flights, or trains and hotels, perhaps an extra day off work etc and it's very different.

We often use KLM from our regional airport to the west coast and typically it is around the £600 region and doesn't really change much whether you book early or late. That is usually with two different US airports though, one being LAS which tends to be more than LAX which is one of the worst airports in the world.

I would rather pay a little.more and avoid the 3 hour drive each way to Heathrow. The 15 minute taxi ride is much more preferable.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Assume that is direct from London though. Add in connecting flights, or trains and hotels, perhaps an extra day off work etc and it's very different.

We often use KLM from our regional airport to the west coast and typically it is around the £600 region and doesn't really change much whether you book early or late. That is usually with two different US airports though, one being LAS which tends to be more than LAX which is one of the worst airports in the world.

I would rather pay a little.more and avoid the 3 hour drive each way to Heathrow. The 15 minute taxi ride is much more preferable.
Direct from London, but I could have done it indirect from Exeter or Bristol for a similar price (nasty connections via mainland Europe though, which is why going to Heathrow made the net travel time less!)
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

thanks all this is 22/8/21 for two weeks so in school holidays , all subject to when GCSE exams/results day actually are in 2021

you can really get to LA for 400 quid ?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
thanks all this is 22/8/21 for two weeks so in school holidays , all subject to when GCSE exams/results day actually are in 2021

TAP, the Portuguese airline, recently had fares for c£250, connecting in Lisbon during the school summer holidays.

Wouldn't be much good from your neck of the woods though, I guess.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I bite the bullet and travel to London. I am therefore not great on regional pricing.

I have just booked West Coast into SFO on 18 Aug and out of Las Vegas on 02 Sept with BA. Those direct flights came in at £524pp including hold baggage... £2112 for the four of us.
For the same dates and with a RAV or similar for 12 days came in at a further £345 or so.

I appreciate that you are looking at a LAX return. They have been a bit up and down, but the savings may be very good on the BA site if you are prepared to travel to LHR.. sufficient to justify the travel time.
Your 2 weeker with BA comes in at £609 inc baggage. That sounds a little high.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

cheers all

just looking currently as i say waiting on exams dates but food for thought

need to look at an itinerary as well, looking at the parks & beaches but fancy a run into the desert as well..
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

cheers all

just looking currently as i say waiting on exams dates but food for thought

need to look at an itinerary as well, looking at the parks & beaches but fancy a run into the desert as well..
If you are looking at a trip into the desert, then have a quick look at my cancelled March trip, Cancelled Aug trip and planned Aug 21 trips that are in the California Pre Trip Report section.

I research rather heavily and these pretrips involve Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Winslow, Tucson, Davis Monthan and Tombstone.

Of course if you are looking to do this, then multi city flights may make things a little easier.. as in those pretrips!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We booked for next august from LHR to Vegas and back from LA to LHR for £600pp with BA.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Yeah you'll find flights to the West Coast can be half the price of Orlando. California though is a very high cost of living state so accommodation and food are more expensive that Orlando.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List