Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are hoping for April/May 2021 , our Dibb Villa owner was very accommodating and moved our dates to next year. We got refunds on flights , car hire (thanks Andy 👍&#127995 and park tickets, so these will all need rebooking.
We are very much trying to stay positive for ourDGS due to his first visit to the magic having been cancelled
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have booked end of April 2021,can't get excited now ,can't see it happening😥
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

We originally booked April 2020, then August 2020, now waiting on April 2021 third time lucky... but thinking should book August 2021 just in case
Old 23 Sep 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I have a car and flight package booked with BA for April 17th 2021 and at the moment I am cautiously optimistic it will go ahead. That will be 13 months since the borders closed! We cant just carry on living in fear locked away for years and years.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Booked & paid for 6th may, sort of taking that as out of the 6 months But TBH until there is a vaccine it's all pie in the sky, not sure going on holiday is going to make much of a difference- not as if it's under control at the minute IYKWIM We should be a week into our 3 week holiday, needed to something to look forward too!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

I like to think positive but I'd say when we booked for June I was 90/10 that it would happen, now more like 60/40.

Unfortunately common sense needs to prevail before we can be certain of being able to go and that looks steadily less likely to happen based on the bizarre decisions politicians are making at the moment.

We'll see!
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I've missed out on this August and am starting to get doubtful for next August.
Old 23 Sep 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
I've missed out on this August and am starting to get doubtful for next August.
I’m more than positive for next August...surely by then nearly a year away there will be some sort of control
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

We'll very likely be in the same position as we are now and I have been losing hope for our Easter trip, BUT, by then I do think we'll be streamlining and really getting to grips with the new normal, with rapid testing, longer established distancing behaviours and polcies to keep the economy alive including the travel industry. Maybe even getting close to a widespread vaccine or treatments.

So i'm not ruling it out completely yet, but we'll see...
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I have a car and flight package booked with BA for April 17th 2021 and at the moment I am cautiously optimistic it will go ahead. That will be 13 months since the borders closed! We cant just carry on living in fear locked away for years and years.
This is what I also was thinking about...
Wouldn't all the airlines be bankrupt by then?
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List