Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
We have one booked to Spain and Lisbon in September, balance due next month. I don’t want to pay it but DH does so we don’t lose our deposit if it is cancelled, but I don’t want to pay nearly £3k to wait umpteenth months to get it back. This is with Marella, have read such horror stories on the forums regarding getting in touch. Did you have issued getting through. Won’t let me amend to next year on my booking
. On the other hand just cancelled a Haven caravan holiday for next month. Had the email few minutes ago, rang the number, two rings and was through. The lovely lady I spoke to was so apologetic that it would take 35 days for the refund thinking it was a long time. Bless her, I assured her compared to others it was no time at all. Will book with them again in the future no problem, first time with them as well.
I rang P & O and waited a short time. I asked what my options were and she then told me. You might want to engage with Marella and find out how you stand? I just couldnt see it happening in August and decided to take a credit instead. Good Luck
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We had planned to cruise Vancouver - Hawaii next year with a stay in Vancouver and a stay in Aulani for our honeymoon. However due to the current situation, I am a bit put off cruising but we will not be able to afford it now, potentially 2022 onwards for us now and we’ll have to do this planned trip on an anniversary in the future.

New honeymoon needed!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We have an Alaskan cruise booked for July. I wouldn't go if it was still on. I think I would only go if there was a definite cure or vaccine.
Vinniecat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I rang P & O and waited a short time. I asked what my options were and she then told me. You might want to engage with Marella and find out how you stand? I just couldnt see it happening in August and decided to take a credit instead. Good Luck
the problem with Marella is they dont engage.Sounds like people are ringing up and waiting hours to get through and then getting cut off. Emails unanswered, Facebook and twitter messages ignored. They say pay the balance and four weeks either side of your cruise they will send an email asking if you want to rebook or refund and they make people wait another 90 days so could potentially be Christmas or New Year before you see your money. We have a P&O cruise booked for March.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We're booked on a two week cruise in the Caribbean for next March - I hope to high hallelujah that everything is much better and we are able to go on that holiday by then!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
We're booked on a two week cruise in the Caribbean for next March - I hope to high hallelujah that everything is much better and we are able to go on that holiday by then!
We were half way through a two week Caribbean cruise when all this kicked off. Spent the second week anchored outside Barbados as none of the islands wanted us to dock. Spent 8 nights on board just waiting to come home with Barbados within touching distance and not able to get off and do anything. Nice to be in the sun and well fed (as it was when panic buying was going on) but not the holiday we had looked forward to . Booked again for January 2022 to the Caribbean.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We have two cruises booked (August and November) but I can’t see either sailing. We also have two booked for later in 2021 which I’m more hopeful for. Cruise lines are being hugely ambitious about sailing in July- there is no way they will be able to meet CDC criteria by then. Current FCO advice is for over 70s and those with underlying conditions not to cruise - which cuts away a large part of their clientele.
Until there is a reliable antibody test, or a vaccine, cruise lines will be severely restricted plus ports will be very wary of accepting them until they can guarantee they are infection free - which is nigh on impossible.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
We were half way through a two week Caribbean cruise when all this kicked off. Spent the second week anchored outside Barbados as none of the islands wanted us to dock. Spent 8 nights on board just waiting to come home with Barbados within touching distance and not able to get off and do anything. Nice to be in the sun and well fed (as it was when panic buying was going on) but not the holiday we had looked forward to . Booked again for January 2022 to the Caribbean.
Oh dear that's awful I wonder, were you on 2 cruises back to back from Barbados with Marella?
I am on their FB group for one of their ships and I really felt for all of the people having their holiday disrupted
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks
Imagineer

Tinks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve got enough cruise credits from the past two months to buy my own ship ;-)

We’ve lost a cruise for May and July so far and have cruises booked for Sept (probs not gonna happen), end Oct (hopeful May go ahead if we can get to Orlando), November (this was the original cruise to Singapore that we decided to leave the deposit on hold as it had a virus out there in Jan (little did we know), a 2 night weekend cruise in December (won’t be going on that one now but will move deposit at a later date and a Caribbean one from NYC in March next year (if that one doesn’t happen I’m going to have a tantrum) so right now, my life’s a mess, I’m playing musical cruises with unreal currency and feeling slightly miffed - however once things are safe I will most certainly be cruising.

Now to get back to work at some point as apparently Asda don’t take cruise credit vouchers to pay for my shopping!

DL California - 2018
WDW - 2017, 2016, 2015/2014, 2013/2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
DLP - 2005, 2015 , 2018
Tinks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Oh dear that's awful I wonder, were you on 2 cruises back to back from Barbados with Marella?
I am on their FB group for one of their ships and I really felt for all of the people having their holiday disrupted
We were on P&O Azura. Got 50% of the cost back for future booking so booked Britannia for January 2022 to see the islands we missed out on this time. Wasn’t planning on going then as I’m shortly retiring from NHS so didn’t think funds would allow but done it now