Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Where to stay for Grand Canyon

Hi all, beginning to plan a west coast trip and currently looking at possible hotels and areas on route, where can anyone recommend for the Grand Canyon, area or hotel? Thanks
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Best place is the grand canyon village
There are a number of hotels there
We stayed at the maswick lodge - basic and no air con but only about £100 I think and you could walk to the canyon
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at El Tovar

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Yavapai - under ten minutes walk to the canyon. Very basic but we only had one night and it was affordable at £77. This was quite a few years ago though!
Old 6 May 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

To be honest I think anywhere in the Grand Canyon Village is absolutely amazing for location, we had a room in Thunderbird Lodge and as with those mentioned it was very basic, but our room had a view over the canyon and it was amazing to wake up and it be literally 30 feet away! It also made it so much easier for getting up and out for the sunrise when DH decided not to bother! The only real downside for us was we felt the food options were poor, not helped by the fact that a powercut had knocked out a couple of the restaurants. Would I stay again? absolutely just for the convenience and knowing when I lay in bed that the Grand Canyon was just outside my window.
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for replies, I will look into those options😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Do be aware that there are tarantulas in the area (I wasn't when we went, but thankfully they were not out due to the snow). We went about 15 y ago and did the drive from Phoenix through the Grand Canyon to Las Vegas. It was stunning, but the drive was very long and boring (I would have stayed longer in the Grand Canyon and less time in Vegas).
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
Do be aware that there are tarantulas in the area (I wasn't when we went, but thankfully they were not out due to the snow). We went about 15 y ago and did the drive from Phoenix through the Grand Canyon to Las Vegas. It was stunning, but the drive was very long and boring (I would have stayed longer in the Grand Canyon and less time in Vegas).
Oh god not sure if I should tell my family about the tarantulas😬
Old 7 May 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Oh god not sure if I should tell my family about the tarantulas😬
I wouldn't, stops them worrying about it! We went at the beginning of Nov and they are not active during the winter. I don't know how much of an issue they are at other points of the year. The only reason we noticed them was due to an information board at the rangers station.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
I wouldn't, stops them worrying about it! We went at the beginning of Nov and they are not active during the winter. I don't know how much of an issue they are at other points of the year. The only reason we noticed them was due to an information board at the rangers station.
Probably best I don’t tell them🤣