Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Glad to read your update x
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just thought I’d give an update after all the support I was given on here. I had another X-ray recently and was contacted by radiology requesting a ct scan as the shadow on my lung was still there from my previous X-ray.

They were great and I had the scan within days of my X-ray. After just 2 days of having the scan my gp contacted me with the results. I’ve got Bronchiectasis and still have infection in my lung from before. I’ve been given another course of antibiotics and will have to have another scan in 3 months. I’m feeling relieved that it’s not copd or anything more sinister.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I am glad you have a clear diagnosis and a plan of action. I too am glad it wasn't anything sinister. Must have been a very worrying time and will no doubt be so until you feel you have it under better control.

Glad that you felt dibb was supportive. Always here 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
Just thought I’d give an update after all the support I was given on here. I had another X-ray recently and was contacted by radiology requesting a ct scan as the shadow on my lung was still there from my previous X-ray.

They were great and I had the scan within days of my X-ray. After just 2 days of having the scan my gp contacted me with the results. I’ve got Bronchiectasis and still have infection in my lung from before. I’ve been given another course of antibiotics and will have to have another scan in 3 months. I’m feeling relieved that it’s not copd or anything more sinister.

That’s what I said I thought it was earlier in the thread if you remember? My mum has it and it sounded familiar with your mentioned symptoms. It’s a lesser known lung issue that a lot don’t seem to have heard of.

Glad you got a diagnosis that is very much treatable.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
That’s what I said I thought it was earlier in the thread if you remember? My mum has it and it sounded familiar with your mentioned symptoms. It’s a lesser known lung issue that a lot don’t seem to have heard of.

Glad you got a diagnosis that is very much treatable.

Kat
I do remember you mentioning it before and it’s a relief that it’s nothing more serious.

I’m hoping my cough may ease a little bit with this lot of antibiotics but I’ve seen a long standing cough is one of the symptoms for Bronchiectasis. At least I can now explain my cough to strangers when they’re staring at me thinking I’ve got covid!
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List