Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 20, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Cotswold way, just do a few miles around Broadway and the tower.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
If you fancy a North Yorkshire trip - there is plenty of walks in Scarborough . Coastal and even more getting into the North York Moors too (fab railway to save too much walking) but will allow exploration in the van greater than imagined!

Football League route could take in Hull/ Middlesboro and Leeds - Would be proud to take you to a Scarborough game - just to show what can happen after a previous football league club rises from the ashes

What a great bucket list dream
Ooh are you a scarborough fan? I go to a lot of the away matches x
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
York- walk the walls and explore the city. yorkwalls.uk/?page_id=3690
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Kenbrook
Proud to wear my Ears

sections of Hadrian’s wall.
Kenbrook is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Sandwell Valley has some nice walks if you need somewhere close to Birmingham. There are quite a few clubs in quite a small area in Birmingham/Wolverhampton and the stadiums aren't in the nicest parts of the cities.

The Malvern hills are to the south and there's also the Clent hills. Clent is more of a gentle walk and then to the pub or for fish and chips.

ETA - sandwell.gov.uk/info/2003...andwell_valley
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I guess that writes off anything west of Plymouth then!

A really awesome idea!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thank you to all contributors to date . Links are particularly useful.
I am hoping that with needing to do about 10 games a month , that there will be time in between to explore areas well away from football grounds . It would be real shame to be in Plymouth or Exeter and not explore Cornwall .
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you go to Derbys ground then the Peak District is the obvious one especially dove dale which is beautiful

If you head to burton Albion you have a number of walks including some that start at Branston water park which is lovely in itself

google/amp/s/d...re-2721945.amp - some walks around the burton area here
lisa12000___ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots of lovely walks and scenery near me (a little hilly, but not hiking) start at Denbies vineyard - we did a route yesterday to the historic NT house at polesden Lacey and walked back, the previous week we did a route going the other direction - some amazing views both ways! Off another way is box hill and the stepping stones, or you can stop in cold harbour area and head up to leith hill tower.
This is all in Dorking Surrey, don’t know at what level our football team play mind (the stadium is nice and new!)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
York- walk the walls and explore the city. yorkwalls.uk/?page_id=3690
As two exiled York born Dibbers I've already promoted this book on here a few weeks ago. I should say that some of the name derivations are a little rich for a family forum - I'll leave it at that.

Sadly the mighty York City are no longer in the class of 92 (and even recently missed out on the play off for Nationwide League North ) but I have in the past seen Man Utd play a league game at Bootham Crescent.

Mick