Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Sep 20, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks for all the effort - and smith Lane and others too

One question - this applies to several of your walks and others from other posters

How do you ‘ return to A ‘ from these walks where the suggested walk is A to B !
I have only ever done walks that have been circular
Going with a friend we would drive 2 cars, park one at Point B then drive to the start and park the other there. At the end we then drive back to pick the other car up. Bit of a faff but it meant we could do a longer stretch of walk on those days but most of mine were circular or in London where you get the tube back to the starting point, usually Waterloo for us

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks for all the effort - and smith Lane and others too

One question - this applies to several of your walks and others from other posters

How do you ‘ return to A ‘ from these walks where the suggested walk is A to B !
I have only ever done walks that have been circular
Have updated to say if circular or not.
Some may need to extend beyond 6 miles but you will build up the fitness for that doing all this walking!

Build some fitness up and could even take in one or more of the 3 yorkshire peaks which includes stunning views of the ribblehead viaduct.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Not a walk as such, but perhaps take up geocaching. Could go well with your plans. 👍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Another non walk, but can walk around Rutland water in 17 miles, or hire a bike there instead. Can walk from Normanton round across to Whitwell and cycle back if you prefer.
Old 17 Sep 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Not a walk as such, but perhaps take up geocaching. Could go well with your plans. 👍
I had actually thought of that .
We have done a number of trails from treasuretrails.co.uk in the past that we have really enjoyed and it’s helped us see areas we wouldn’t have known about but they have hiked the price from £6.99 to £9.99 and doing a shed load of those would hurt the budget ( on top of costs of seeing the games )

Hoping that maybe treasure trails would do me a deal - eg 50 trails for £200 or whatever or free if I did reviews on my fundraising page

I am hoping to raise cash for charity as we go round the country
I am also hoping clubs may help out with the cost of tickets . Or donate shirts etc to enable me to auction them off , or let me bucket-shake outside the grounds to raise some cash etc
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 07:13 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Here's one for you which we did on Tuesday gone and would apply if you are visiting say Newcastle or Berwick.
Drive to Bamburgh, park outside the castle in the Long Stay Car Park(£5.50 for 24 hours) and then walk along the beach to Seahouses, have Fish and Chips at Pinnacles (A Hairy Bikers Favourite) and walk back.In total it's just over 6 miles
High/Low tides can been found on a number of websites but would recommend taking advantage of the low tides. If you do it you will thank me. Enjoy!
Old 17 Sep 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Geocaching is free. You could get people to sponsor you to see how many you can get. £10 for 50 found kinda thing...

Of course lots of people are secret squirrels when it comes to geocaching so you could just do it for yourself.

I like the mystery walks for example and the more formal treasure trails.
Old 17 Sep 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Beaulieu to Bucklers Hard

Edit: then have a drink and walk back again!

Edited at 06:06 PM.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire.

It’s a national trust place but has so many different walking/running/cycling routes, it’s absolutely stunning. We go there most Sundays and we still find new routes even now!

If you do decide to come to Notts there are some other lovely walks such as Sherwood Forest, Sherwood Pines, Rufford Abbey etc...
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Head to Darwen Tower if you visit the Blackburn grounds - fantastic views on a clear day 😊
Guess where we have been today ? You may recognise it

It’s great to get local suggestions as well as ones further away .

Keep them coming - I am sure other people are finding these useful too
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List