Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Horrendous weapons in London

(This picture IS in the Public Domain.)

My nephew is in the Met police. On Saturday evening he and his rapid response team attended an ‘affray’ in East London. This was seized. The red note book is about 6 inches long, to give an idea of scale. Absolutely horrendous.

Edited at 12:25 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Awful, my BIL is also in the met I do worry for them and all the innocent people too
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Awful, my BIL is also in the met I do worry for them and all the innocent people too
I worry too. My nephew and his girlfriend (also a PO) are based in East London and get involved in all sorts. They post some horrendous photos on their team’s Twitter page (authorised).

A few years ago he had a couple of nasty personal incidents when off duty. People he’d arrested previously, recognised him public and attacked him. The first time, he ended up in hospital with a fractured skull. Second time, he was just leaving a restaurant with my brother. A man at another table followed them out, picked up a wine bottle & smashed the bottom off to make a very dangerous weapon. Luckily brother and nephew got to their car in time.

After that he moved house, 30 miles away. He can relax when off duty now.

Edited at 12:43 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
there was a piece on Radio four this morning about Liverpool. Kids as young as 11 and 12 are being paid up to one thousand pounds to stab other youngsters.

Its really a Huge issue now, not sure what the answer is
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
The problem is a general lack of respect for the law and useless Judges who give pathetic sentences. There is no deterrent anymore, the Police are seen to have no powers and are over-stretched add to this parents who are happy to defend little Johnny who is normally a good boy, so they get let off with a slapped wrist - oh and it "against peoples rights" to disclose details caught on CCTV etc.

The world is going mad and nobody dare challenge these lunatics
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
The problem is a general lack of respect for the law and useless Judges who give pathetic sentences. There is no deterrent anymore, the Police are seen to have no powers and are over-stretched add to this parents who are happy to defend little Johnny who is normally a good boy, so they get let off with a slapped wrist - oh and it "against peoples rights" to disclose details caught on CCTV etc.

The world is going mad and nobody dare challenge these lunatics
The Police and the judges can only work within the confines of the law that is decided upon. They don’t create the law but are bound by it. Judges can’t hand out sentences that go against their legal guidelines nor can a police officer be in 5 places at once because of low staffing and lack of funds for more police officers (not overtime for overworked officers).
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
there was a piece on Radio four this morning about Liverpool. Kids as young as 11 and 12 are being paid up to one thousand pounds to stab other youngsters.

WHY? Who on earth is paying kids to stab other kids & why? Who has £1K to do that and why for goodness sake just WHY!
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
WHY? Who on earth is paying kids to stab other kids & why? Who has £1K to do that and why for goodness sake just WHY!
My thoughts too It just doesn't bear thinking a bout does it?
I'm guessing this has to be related to gang/drug disputes etc though between older teens and not just random acts of violence? Not that stabbing anyone whatever age or whatever for is ever not totally horrific...
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
My thoughts too It just doesn't bear thinking a bout does it?
I'm guessing this has to be related to gang/drug disputes etc though between older teens and not just random acts of violence? Not that stabbing anyone whatever age or whatever for is ever not totally horrific...

Liverpool teenagers 'paid money to stab other youths' Teenagers are being offered up to £1,000 by gang leaders in Liverpool to stab other youngsters, the BBC has learned. Bounties are being paid by "elders" who want to avoid carrying out the attacks themselves, young people have told the BBC Beyond Today podcast.17 hours ago
bbc/news/uk-england-merseyside-48647788

The kids interviewed said that other kids go and watch as entertainment.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
It's all drug/gang related, a grand is peanuts to these people

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List