Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jun 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
I have only used tumble dryers for smalls but they are big industrial ones and very efficient - after 15 mins everything is dry! I wouldn’t leave it for the full 40 mins without checking.
My plans are to do it all whilst relaxing by the quiet pool so will be able to keep an eye on everything 😎
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I take a few liquitabs.and use those.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nells77 View Post
My plans are to do it all whilst relaxing by the quiet pool so will be able to keep an eye on everything 😎
That's what I did at POFQ last year. There's a website that lists all the washing machines and that tells you when it's done.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

I take my own. Either in tablet form (put in a plastic box just in case) or Fabrite which is in sheet form. Either work well.
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Iluvholidays
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Sorry to jump thread however how do people from the uk pay for the machines now it’s by card? My last stay in November reception said they don’t sell cards anymore and I don’t fancy lots of small charges on my bank card!
Iluvholidays is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Iluvholidays View Post
Sorry to jump thread however how do people from the uk pay for the machines now it’s by card? My last stay in November reception said they don’t sell cards anymore and I don’t fancy lots of small charges on my bank card!
Sorry, it is bank card. Also means you have to keep it on you while you relax by pool.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
I have only used tumble dryers for smalls but they are big industrial ones and very efficient - after 15 mins everything is dry! I wouldn’t leave it for the full 40 mins without checking.
Only use the lowest temperature setting where possible. Even then pay close attention to your loads in the dryers you can keep the machine going after you check it if you need to they are set for a specific time to complete the cycle. You don’t want to shrink your new favourite top/shorts or undies🤪 we got caught out once when DS was small ( too much fun in the pool at POFQ ) and I’ll never forget how that all the clothing in that load suffered. DH’s T-shirt’s ended up small enough to fit DS and only 30 minutes had passed since I put them in. These days I stay in the laundrette and I keep regularly checking until it’s all done and folded and then take it back to our room. I take a kindle to read and a coffee or a soda to drink and grab a chair to while away the time. I know it’s personal preference but I don’t want to do loads of laundry when we get home nor do I want the airport staff going through my cases and finding yucky clothing. We only take enough clothing for 9 or 10 days usually so I have done a load or two in the past. I’ll have to see what happens next year with it only being 10 nights and just me and DH.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
I know it’s personal preference but I don’t want to do loads of laundry when we get home nor do I want the airport staff going through my cases and finding yucky clothing.
Agree with this! We normally only go 7-10 nights but I would much rather do a wash or 2 and have access to my full suitcase to choose from than watch everything mount up in a gross dirty pile that I know will be job #1 when I get home!
I know others hate the idea though.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Only use the lowest temperature setting where possible. Even then pay close attention to your loads in the dryers you can keep the machine going after you check it if you need to they are set for a specific time to complete the cycle. You don’t want to shrink your new favourite top/shorts or undies🤪 we got caught out once when DS was small ( too much fun in the pool at POFQ ) and I’ll never forget how that all the clothing in that load suffered.
Agreed, we managed to shrink stuff that we'd tumbled dried at home over and over with no problem!
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So you pay by card? I presumed it would be cash or by tokens.
Haha I’ll make sure I’ll stay close for the drying bit and check it every 5 mins.
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List