Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do think if you don’t go so often it’s really exiting when you do go, I don’t have a choice as it takes us a couple of years to save up. Next year we were thinking Toronto and New York because my sons in Toronto working. He could possibly get married if things work out, dd said stuff him let’s go to Florida lol!
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's the holiday blues, you will get over it, good things come to those who wait! After this year we would have been 3 times in 3 years with a 2 year break inbetween 2016-2018. Sure i'd love to go every year but we want different experiences too, after this year it will be at least 2/3 years before we go again, if at all. Enjoy what you have booked and plan that!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I know your all right. Not sure why it’s getting to me. I’ve been 11 years without so 11 months ent gonna kill me.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I know your all right. Not sure why it’s getting to me. I’ve been 11 years without so 11 months ent gonna kill me.
For a lot of people anticipation adds to a holiday , you'll probably be glad you waited (plus a knackered husband tends not to be the happiest )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Not wanting to wish your life away but 11 months will absolutely fly by - there’s the summer and the nice days out that brings, then the build up to Christmas, Christmas and New Year and once you get past New Year your holiday won’t be that far away. Plus, there’s birthdays, anniversaries and your cruises to look forward to.

I’ve got my positive head on today
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I never feel like this, am I not a true dibber 🤔
I wonder what it makes me - I have a trip booked for August and keep thinking I wish I booked Greece - I wished I booked Greece - a European beach holiday where I can do nothing but relax . Maybe I should be banned from the dibb 😱😀
Old 14 Jul 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Stay away from that booking button 😁. It can be very tempting just after you’ve got back to book again but you’ve got one to look forward to and as you say doing another isn’t practical from a financial or leave point of view. Save the cash for the next one.
We normally go every couple of years but went three times in less than a year, third time to use an annual pass. First in Sept for DH retirement holiday, then Jan with the family (brother agreed to go a week after we booked the Sept trip 🙄&#128513, the third time we got a cheap flight and used hotel points to stay at the Dolphin. We were lucky to be able to do it and it was very pleasant being on site for a few nights but it didn’t feel as special.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cancel your one of your two cruises you have booked next year and go then.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Cancel your one of your two cruises you have booked next year and go then.
We have. We originally had cruise in April and August but had issues with p&o they wanted us to pay more which we were going to do but then two days into the holiday decided it had to be Disney. So we are booked for June. (Did sneakily keep the April cruise too)

I suppose we’ve had so many little caravan breaks in uk over the last 11 years (par one which was a cruise) that now we have just gotten ourselves into a place where we aren’t trying to hammer the mortgage as much as we were then my wage is spare for holidays now.

I know I’m being stupid and I need to stop looking. I probably need to stop with the dibb too but think I might be addicted to here.

It’s just holiday blues must be
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
Not wanting to wish your life away but 11 months will absolutely fly by - there’s the summer and the nice days out that brings, then the build up to Christmas, Christmas and New Year and once you get past New Year your holiday won’t be that far away. Plus, there’s birthdays, anniversaries and your cruises to look forward to.

I’ve got my positive head on today
Yes there is. Scarlett’s 5 in August and Georgia is 4 in December. Then it’s 1st Christmas in our new house and I am banned from cooking so that should be good. Then cruise in April. And Florida in June.

I am very very lucky to have all this and I am gonna stop moaning cos I really shouldn’t. This is worlds away from a 4night mid week break in brid or skeggy. Even pushed the boat out one year for 7days in Cornwall.