Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

You are most definitely not alone, I work a lot from home at the moment due to job change .
I love it as I was bullied by ‘old timers’ in my old job .
I have a wonderful husband and we have amazing holidays and a small external family .
I held on to a very toxic friendship group for years just wanting to fit in ,because I don’t do any other social media than this site I was always left out of meet ups, plans etc after a particularly awful night out last year when I literally sat there with everyone talking over me I cut my losses and left.
I miss it sometimes but I have a good career am healthy(ish) for a 50+ and for that I am grateful .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

For many people their partner is their closest friend. I am very blessed to have a best friend from the age of seven, we are more like family now, and few close girlfriends who I met from having children. We bonded over shared experiences and stresses of life! Some people have come and gone along the way. Its different for everyone. I may not see my friends all the time, but we know we are there for each other. I also come here to chat to my Dibb friends, we are all here for you OP! Yes its a different friendship but its there all the same x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Before I met dh I had loads of friends, I was no long interested in going out, drinking, partying and preferred to be with dh. My bestie dumped me after she invited me on a girls night and I wanted to bring dh lol! Oh well! Mums at the school were always slagging Off each other and then all going out together, I couldn’t stand it.
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have a handful of friends I can be myself with, a few of them are friends I've made through work, and I have 2/3 old school friends that I see, one more often than the others. I am very close to my parents, my sisters and their families, and my sister in law and that suits me fine, I don't want a huge circle of friends. One school friend who I have known since I was 3, we were so close but have drifted in recent years, i'm happy at home, with DH and the kids, I like to spend my spare time with them, she wants to go out all the time drinking etc, I don't really drink and I am far happier sitting at home with a good book, a cuppa, dh on his PlayStation and the kids milling around in the background. One of my closest friends is someone who I met on a baby forum when I had my oldest, but she's in Ireland and we chat every other day. People often say to me about not going out, don't I get bored etc, but no, in all honesty I don't. Quite happy in my little bubble thank you! Feel free to PM me if you want a chat :-)

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’m the same I have my DH that’s it.
My children from my first marriage live with their dad and I have no contact with them, not my choice.
I don’t even have any siblings either.
A room full of people yet I still feel so alone.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Same. For various reasons, life, geography, and some very upsetting let-downs, I don’t really have anyone to hang out with anymore, for coffee, shopping. It’s only recently that I’ve accepted this, as I spent a loooong time being very unhappy, missing what I used to have, and feeling really down about what I thought I should still have. I always had lots of friends growing up and early adulthood, and so I really missed it. Now though I’ve kind of given up hope of friendships and I feel happier for it.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

OP it’s not too late if you want to make friends.

Do you have any you have lost touch with. That’s always an option but otherwise what are your interests? Are you friendly with any school mums? Work colleagues? Just ask em for a coffee (other beverages are available) and take it from there.

Where are you based? I’m sure there maybe other dibbers in your area who would welcome a coffee and catch up. I mean at least you will be able to talk holidays to your hearts content.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

I hear you sister!
When I moved, 18 months ago I lost all my friends, who were also work colleagues. I was a Childminder and thought these people I'd known for 20 years would all continue being friends. How wrong was I?
Despite asking them numerous times to meet up, none ever accepted the offer.
Even when I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, not one of them contacted me directly - I discount 'liking' a post of Facebook as direct contact but that's my opinion.
I'm in East Riding of Yorkshire if that's anywhere close to anyone who'd like a pal!
Sally x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Social media has killed many friendships , now instead of making the effort to see people , they like or make a comment on fb and that’s it

That said I’ve a group of close friends I talk to on fb daily as we all live a long way apart

And one of my very best friends is American . We try to see each other 2/3 times a year I coordinate my holidays to where she will be working and she does her best to take time off . But I can say over the last year or so where we’ve had some difficult issues to deal with she’s been there for me at all kinds of strange hours ( time difference really doesn’t help ) listening to me moan 😂😂
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have way too many friends! (If that’s possible but from s practical point of view it is, I can’t fit them all in)

DH accuses me of having a hobby where I collect people.

Social media has made it do much easier to organise things without fear of rebuff.

I’m a comper and regular meet up with other compers (strangers from the internet) but also people I’ve worked with over the years.

Sometimes if I fancy a film I just put it out on FB anyone want to join me? I’ve never not had a response.

You need to make the first move (Assuming that you want friends)
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List