Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

All my thoughts are with you, good luck for tomorrow xx
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

What an awful experience and to be so far from home. I wish Isabel good health and I hope her treatment goes smoothly.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Wishing your daughter and your family all the very best and hope things go as smoothly as they can for you, love and hugs x
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Hope you know that your dibb family are thinking of you tomorrow. Hope the appointment tomorrow goes ok.

I can identify a bit with how you must have felt getting that phone call with the awful news. 18 months ago I was diagnosed out the blue with breast cancer. Only symptom was a small lump which I thought was an old riding injury ( exactly the same place). My parents were on holiday in America. I went to the gp who referred me to hospital (didn’t let on he was concerned). Off I went to hospital on my own (7 weeks on from the gp appointment) to be told it was cancer). Having to make that phone call to break the news to my parents was horrendous. Once they knew, my parents couldn’t get home fast enough and the weekend waiting till the first hospital appointment was horrible. Once a proper diagnosis has been made and a treatment plan is in place, you will feel a lot better. At first life will be a whirlwind of hospital appointments and you will feel like you are never away from the place. At times, we were at the hospital three times in one day and it does eventually settle down. Im still attending hospital regularly (sadly mine has spread so is incurable) but in between times I’m living a near normal life and still managing to work full time and do most of what I was doing before.

Please keep us updated with how your daughter is doing,
Elisebev is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done to Virgin for their thoughtfulness and extra comfort for your daughter. Having 2 daughters myself I can only imagine what you are going through now. Wishing Isabel good luck and sending lots of pixie dust to you all.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elisebev View Post
Hope you know that your dibb family are thinking of you tomorrow. Hope the appointment tomorrow goes ok.

I can identify a bit with how you must have felt getting that phone call with the awful news. 18 months ago I was diagnosed out the blue with breast cancer. Only symptom was a small lump which I thought was an old riding injury ( exactly the same place). My parents were on holiday in America. I went to the gp who referred me to hospital (didn’t let on he was concerned). Off I went to hospital on my own (7 weeks on from the gp appointment) to be told it was cancer). Having to make that phone call to break the news to my parents was horrendous. Once they knew, my parents couldn’t get home fast enough and the weekend waiting till the first hospital appointment was horrible. Once a proper diagnosis has been made and a treatment plan is in place, you will feel a lot better. At first life will be a whirlwind of hospital appointments and you will feel like you are never away from the place. At times, we were at the hospital three times in one day and it does eventually settle down. Im still attending hospital regularly (sadly mine has spread so is incurable) but in between times I’m living a near normal life and still managing to work full time and do most of what I was doing before.

Please keep us updated with how your daughter is doing,
And you keep us updated how you are too. Big hugs xxx
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A thread which made me tearful and concerned. Hope you and your daughter havel good news
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Good luck with appointment tommorrow, wishing all of you best os luck. You will receive lots of information and have many questions to ask, write down the main ones you need to ask, i expect you have so much going round your head at the moment. X really is one of the worst things to be told that your beautiful child has cancer, and you will go through many emotional times in the next few weeks and months, but you will pull through this as a family. X
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Well done to Virgin for looking after your daughter so well. I can’t even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. Sending you all the pixie dust in the world. X
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm so sorry to hear you've all been dealt this bed news.

Well done Virgin staff for helping, and I wish your daughter all the best.