Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jul 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
London Theatre

Train tickets to London booked! It is never easy but I think i have managed to get the best deal, with a split ticket, Tesco clubcard, cashback site and paid with my credit card to get further cashback. Now I need to try and book show tickets, anyone recommend the best site to use. I haven't got the energy to start all over again just now.

Anyone any tried and tested methods of getting a good deal?
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

The thing with theatre tickets, is unless your willing to go to the box office/a ticket booth on the day, I’ve not found a place for getting them much cheaper?
There is an raffle type website advertised on Facebook? Sorry I can’t be of much more help
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
I thought I'd hit the jackpot as its kids go free and DS is 16 and still counted as a kid, but no availability for our dates!
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure about deals especially if you have a specific show/date in mind.
Theatre Monkey, HERE is good for general advice on good/bad seats at most, if not all, of the London theatres.

From my limited experience it is usually cheaper to buy direct from the theatre box office than any of the many ticket agencies advertised. TKTS have some good deals for on the day tickets but limited, if any, availability for the most popular shows.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We got half price at the Lion King about an hour before the show started. But it is a gamble.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

TodayTix sometimes has offers on and you can usually get “rush” tickets or enter ticket lotteries from there.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Todaytix have some good deals for some shows.
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We went to the box office on the offchance we could get tickets for Les Mis. Someone had just returned two so we snapped them up. Had a quick dinner then went back for the show. It's my favourite. Going to see the concert in August. Alfie Boe, Michael Ball and Matt Lucas. So excited.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I go to the theatre a lot and never pay more than £30 a ticket, usually nearer £20. We do sit in the gods but have never had a terrible seat.
Best website is Londontheatredirect.com or the theatres own website can sometimes be the cheapest. Do you know what you want to see?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Thats part of the problem, we have specific shows in mind, School of Rock and Everyones talking about Jamie.

Its a Monday and Tuesday night we are there for, so need to do SOR on the Mon as there's no performance on the Tuesday.

I may just bite the bullet and buy before we go. I have in the past had great deals buying last minute, but don't really want to risk it for this trip.