Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jul 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

14 days 3 hotels?

Ok so I'm looking at keeping the price down. We prefer to stay onsite so was looking at 7 nights onsite at Disney, 3 nights onsite at Universal and then 4 on international drive. Anyone done this? is it a pain?
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Not done the 4 nights on ID - but the last three times we've done 7 nights at WDW an then 3 at Universal. Usually in that order although this year its HRH at Universal first then WDW as I think Disney just does it better and it feels slightly "meh" when you go to Universal after being there!

So, Im sure your plan will work its just one extra pack and unpack so no biggy
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Not done the 4 nights on ID - but the last three times we've done 7 nights at WDW an then 3 at Universal. Usually in that order although this year its HRH at Universal first then WDW as I think Disney just does it better and it feels slightly "meh" when you go to Universal after being there!

So, Im sure your plan will work its just one extra pack and unpack so no biggy
Last time we went we stayed onsite at Disney for the two weeks with one night at universal. I kinda felt like we missed out on other parts and experiences so thought International drive might be a central place to start.
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We often move. In fact my daughter was quite shocked to hear we only have 2 hotels booked for this trip.

We like the variety. It works for us but I know others prefer to stay put.

My only thought is pick your I drive hotel carefully as it’s at the end after 2 nice stays. It might feel like a letdown.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We have 4 places booked for our trip, many here reassured me it’s a non problem!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did 16 days and 4 different accommodations and 19 days and 4 accommodations last year. No problem at all. We usually do a few lots of 3 days and then end it in a villa, so we don’t unpack properly until we get to the villa.

This year we have 2 nights all star sports, 3 nights POFQ and 8 nights in a villa over 13 nights!
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We often move. In fact my daughter was quite shocked to hear we only have 2 hotels booked for this trip.

We like the variety. It works for us but I know others prefer to stay put.

My only thought is pick your I drive hotel carefully as it’s at the end after 2 nice stays. It might feel like a letdown.
I couldn't agree more, we did 5 nights Disney, then 4 nights Universal, then 4 nights I-Drive. All our hotels were "value" ones, we went from All Stars Sports to Cabana Bay to Rosen Inn at Pointe. First time at each of them. I fell in love at first sight with Cabana Bay, and so moving from there to Rosen Inn really felt like a step down.

We ended up doing Disney parks on 3 of our last 5 days whilst staying at the Rosen, confirming for us that we are Disney peeps, so the I-Drive portion of our trip was a bit of a waste of time. If I did split stay again and wasn't doing Universal, I'd do offsite at Lake Buena Vista area instead.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Often done 3 or 4 hotels , I don’t find it a pain at all 😀 it’s like mini holidays within a holiday , but understand some people like just one place at to settle

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Have done Disney, RPR & villa but that was over 4 weeks. May be a bit rushed over 2 weeks as you will waste time on moving days.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We always stay at more than 1 hotel as like to stay onsite at Universal and Disney and then have a few nights on I Drive when we go to Seaworld and Busch Gardens for a change.

If you are only doing a few nights somewhere, you can pack one of your cases for that stay and leave the others alone. Saves a lot of time.

Pack your cases the night before you move, get up early and get an Uber or drive to your new hotel. The only real inconvenience is storing your cases at the new hotel as the room probably won't be ready but that isn't that big a deal.

Only real downside is if you go from a 'deluxe' hotel to something a bit more standard - I really like the Rosen cheap hotels but going to one from Portofino or Royal Pacific does make you feel a bit sad. .
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List