Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Sep 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well, josh is now settled into his room, very well organized at uni and got keys no problem. He was a tad nervous but met a lovely girl who he seemed to get on with. When we were leaving he got upset but a few hugs and kisses and he seemed ok. Off to a organised thibg as we speak. So looking good, although i don't know how illbe when i head home tmrw xx
shirley is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Just want to say that sometimes things don’t go to plan. Our eldest had a place at Cheltenham- we took her up there, moved her in and then at 3am in the morning had a text to say she had made the wrong decision so we needed to pick her up in the morning. After many discussions with her and the pastoral team we couldn’t change her mind and packed everything up and took her home again. I won’t lie, I felt a total failure as a parent that we hadn’t brought her up to be able to cope with this. Fast forward a year and she took up a place at Plymouth Uni commuting by train every day (we live in Cornwall). Now fast forward another year and we have just moved her into a shared house with her friends. She is such a more confident person now compared to 2 years ago. That year out was necessary to build her confidence.
So if things don’t go to planned - don’t give up. It might just be the making of them
Thank you, I think your DD’s story is an inspiration and shows that sometimes the ‘right’ decision isn’t actually the right one, and the brave decision is realising this and finding an alternative that works. I hope all our children succeed but if it does turn out that this choice is the wrong one, I’m sure we the parents will support them as you have with your DD. Great news to hear your DD is doing well now, well done to her xx

Edited at 11:13 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Well, josh is now settled into his room, very well organized at uni and got keys no problem. He was a tad nervous but met a lovely girl who he seemed to get on with. When we were leaving he got upset but a few hugs and kisses and he seemed ok. Off to a organised thibg as we speak. So looking good, although i don't know how illbe when i head home tmrw xx
Great news that Josh has settled and is chatting to a room mate already. I do hope your return home is ok tomorrow, I have said to DH that I am dreading going back into the house without Georgia 😢
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

So yesterday we took our son off to his Uni, dropping off time of 5pm to get in flat, helped him sort out his room and then popped to Tesco’s to get him a few items

Flat mates of four girls and one boy, the boy is a gamer like my son so hopefully they will get on ok

I was really good and didn’t cry right up until I had a last hug goodbye

Anyway he seemed ok when we left and that’s the main thing

Later he text me to say that they has all been in each other’s rooms to take a look and interestingly his room was average size, a couple of girls had massive rooms and the other boys room was tiny!
They are all paying the same money so how can that be fair?

Anyway my son was just thankful he got the average sized room

He has to be in class at 9am on Monday for his first lesson and it’s his birthday as well, first time to be away for him for that as well

Edie
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
So yesterday we took our son off to his Uni, dropping off time of 5pm to get in flat, helped him sort out his room and then popped to Tesco’s to get him a few items

Flat mates of four girls and one boy, the boy is a gamer like my son so hopefully they will get on ok

I was really good and didn’t cry right up until I had a last hug goodbye

Anyway he seemed ok when we left and that’s the main thing

Later he text me to say that they has all been in each other’s rooms to take a look and interestingly his room was average size, a couple of girls had massive rooms and the other boys room was tiny!
They are all paying the same money so how can that be fair?

Anyway my son was just thankful he got the average sized room

He has to be in class at 9am on Monday for his first lesson and it’s his birthday as well, first time to be away for him for that as well

Edie
So pleased he settled in well and is chatting to his flat mates. Well done to you for holding it together, I’m dreading that final hug next week before we part 😢

Your son’s birthday will be strange Monday for both you and him. I hope he manages to enjoy it and celebrate a little with his new flat mates xx
Old 15 Sep 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Just want to say that sometimes things don’t go to plan. Our eldest had a place at Cheltenham- we took her up there, moved her in and then at 3am in the morning had a text to say she had made the wrong decision so we needed to pick her up in the morning. After many discussions with her and the pastoral team we couldn’t change her mind and packed everything up and took her home again. I won’t lie, I felt a total failure as a parent that we hadn’t brought her up to be able to cope with this. Fast forward a year and she took up a place at Plymouth Uni commuting by train every day (we live in Cornwall). Now fast forward another year and we have just moved her into a shared house with her friends. She is such a more confident person now compared to 2 years ago. That year out was necessary to build her confidence.
So if things don’t go to planned - don’t give up. It might just be the making of them
Absolutely - plans and paths change all the time, whats for us won't go by us.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Im lucky as DS's birthday is July so will be home. He is a bit upset today, we are dropping off a few things and then heading home. I ha e been really good as well, until he starts me off. Visited Cheshire Oak outlet, but didn't buy much. 19 days till heshome lolxx
shirley is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinkydog
Excited about Disney

Good to hear all the updates.

We moved our DD into Uni of Liverpool yesterday, her room is very nice and we got everything in and organised. We stayed till about 8pm then left her to go out with flatmates and had message this morning to say she had a fab night with flatmates and all got on well.

This evening she is meeting up with other radiographer students, so far so good.

Missing her terribly though, house is so quiet this morning and her bedroom looks empty but good to know she's enjoying it so far.

Good Luck to everyone else still to move in.
Slinkydog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Im lucky as DS's birthday is July so will be home. He is a bit upset today, we are dropping off a few things and then heading home. I ha e been really good as well, until he starts me off. Visited Cheshire Oak outlet, but didn't buy much. 19 days till heshome lolxx
I think we will all be counting the day’s until their first weekend home again. I’m sure your son will settle now through the week, it’s all s bit scary for them at the moment but once they start making friends they will be fine xx
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Slinkydog View Post
Good to hear all the updates.

We moved our DD into Uni of Liverpool yesterday, her room is very nice and we got everything in and organised. We stayed till about 8pm then left her to go out with flatmates and had message this morning to say she had a fab night with flatmates and all got on well.

This evening she is meeting up with other radiographer students, so far so good.

Missing her terribly though, house is so quiet this morning and her bedroom looks empty but good to know she's enjoying it so far.

Good Luck to everyone else still to move in.
Pleased to hear your DD has started to settle in.

I can’t imagine how quiet the house will be after Georgia goes next weekend 😢