Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Jul 19, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The state of some resturants

I am a bit shocked at the state of some places here, I know it's busy at this time but am shocked at the dirt of some places.
Steak and shake yesterday tables filthy and overfilled with dirty dishes for ages before being cleared. Toilets dirty, paper all over the floor. No hand soap and sanitary bins overflowing. Bathrooms in seaworld not much better at the end of the night either.
Today Cici in Postner and it was the same, amount of dirt on the floors incredible. The staff don't look that busy and seem to walk past empty handed instead of taking dishes with them. I know some places have staff to just clear tables but if it is busy and tables stacked ì don't know why all staff don't just muck in
Just think this has gone downhill a lot in recent years
Old 7 Jul 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

It’s getting like that here as well , we don’t eat at expensive places but I get sick of sticky tables with piled up dishes .
We went to weatherspoons ( yes I know it’s the Cheap and cheerful) in Gloucester recently it was filthy and the same servers kept walking past the same dirty tables .

I have got to taking my own wet wipes and hand gel out with me all the time . So many places don’t have soap or toilet paper.

Edited at 08:22 AM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
You should have seen the state of the M&S cafe last week . The staff weren’t busy but we ended up clearing a table to sit at . We counted 12 tables that needed clearing !
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

We noticed that especially in the likes of McDonald’s and Wendy’s, except the Wendy’s in Championsgate which was very clean. I always take anti bac wipes for the the rappers wether they look clean or not, you just never know! I’ve no problem calling someone over to clean plates away or wipe the tables down.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I always think if it's that dirty and chaotic in the public areas what's it like in the kitchen? 😨
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
I always think if it's that dirty and chaotic in the public areas what's it like in the kitchen? 😨
Exactly that's what worries me
Old 7 Jul 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a cheeky wotsit and would ask a passing member of staff to clear and clean for me while I wait. I’ve even been known to ‘wave’ across to staff to ask for help clearing.

Apologies to my family if I’ve embarrassed you !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Let's look at it differently, I used to be a chef and now am a retail manager and the amounts of staff cuts due to drops in revenue is shocking,people these days seem to want cheaper and cheaper look at Aldi
And Lidl who are storming ahead of the likes of Morrisons and Tesco as they do it cheaper because if this standards drop unfortunately,it's a sad state of affairs believe me!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

There are certain places we won’t return to due to hygiene reasons. Ci ci’s, steak & shake and sorry to say teak (I know it’s well loved on here) filthy tables, sticky floor, messy, dirty toilets and unkept waiters.
I do think that you get what you pay for, the likes of ci ci’s & steak & shake are so cheap I doubt they can afford the amount of staff needed to cope with the amount of customers.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List