Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 May 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Well its the night before the first exam for us. Ds woke up this morning with such a bad head cold he feels shocking. So we are all now in pj’s early night for us all i think.
I feel so bad for him. He suffers with anxiety also so this is nearly sending him over the edge.

Good Luck to all our GCSE kids
Hope your ds feels much better tomorrow.
Does he have anything that helps keep him calm?

Such a difficult time for our kids.
Wish all the kids luck over the next few weeks.
My dd starts the main bulk of hers on Tuesday.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Good luck to all kids and parents. My 2 start tomorrow. They seem remarkably calm, I’m in bits but trying to hide it!
Old 12 May 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

My son starts tomorrow also, do any of yours get study leave? my sons school, stopped it this year, so everybody still goes in every day
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nickbeaan View Post
My son starts tomorrow also, do any of yours get study leave? my sons school, stopped it this year, so everybody still goes in every day
for GCSEs my DD's school didn't have any study leave, which I think was an advantage for her, as she was still in her school routine. Classes for each specific subject continued until the day of the exam, then class time after that was for study/revision for the next exam subject, and so on.

Good luck everyone - I had various bach's remedy products in the house just in case .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

My Dd gets study leave - there are not many schools in this area that still do this. They have made some changes this year- there are revision sessions put on throughout the exam period- some compulsory others are optional.
Good luck to all our young people doing GCSEs this time x
Old 13 May 19, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Our school stopped study leave too.
But my dd said she’s happier with that as she thinks it’s easier to study and revise in the school environment. Also teachers are on hand if she needs anything. Mind you the teachers seem to be reachable 24/7... tough being a teacher too. Hands up to all those great teachers who are there for our kids to give them the help they need.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Not gcses SATs in this house for next four days, my daughter has high functioning autism and anxiety and bless her coped better this weekend than we had prepared ourselves to try and deal with... Thanks to lots of pokemon distraction I think lol... I can hear her moving about now but getting her up in a few minutes as her school this week do a breakfast club for the year 6 kids to get them all in and settled... Roll on Thursday.
Good luck kids and parents out there during exam season xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Today is the day... our babies will be sitting RS
My daughter had to go to bed yesterday with a massive stress headache!
Good luck everyone and try to keep them calm 💕💕
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

No study leave here either though if they have an afternoon exam they can leave straight after it. I’m quite glad as it keeps them in a routine.
Old 13 May 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

This is it GOOD LUCK DD seemed ok, went for a Maccies Breakfast with DH 7:30, will be nervous to see how she is tonight.