Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Aug 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Swan and Dolphin - Compared to Beach Club

I moved my booking from this year to next with Attraction Tickets staying at BC. Given there is no dining plan currently it is just too much so may cancel if no plan is released at a later date.

Thought I might try and get a cancel-able booking for Dolphin or Swan as I love the walkable location to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Any pluses / minuses of the hotels and any advice?
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve been looking at swan and dolphin too. We normally stay at a moderate with free qsdp and upgrade to ddp. The swan and dolphin seem to be about the same price as a moderate, but deluxe standard. Everything I’ve read and seen seems to show they are beautiful and prob nicer than BC, but for less money. Only downside for us would be no DME, but an Uber would solve that one!
Old 6 Aug 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
I love the Y&BC too but I don't think I will be able to afford to stay there again. Next time we do Disney, probably 2022, I'm going to book the Swan/Dolphin. Pool looks lush, lots of eating choices, apparently the most comfy beds in the world and a great location too.

Downsides are, as far as I can tell from research, are no Magical Express, no free transferring of luggage to/from Disney resorts, no magic band to use for room charging/in park charging (though you can buy one of you want), no real Disney theming.

Overall though I love the look and it looks like a luxury hotel for a Disney moderate equivalent price tag.
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

One of downsides of Swan and Dolphin is the resort fee.
You need to factor that in as it quite pricey for a long stay.
The location of the Swan is the best as you can walk or boat ride to HS/Epcot/Boardwalk.
There are lots of restaurants to choose from.
It is near Fantasia Mini Golf and there are lots of pools.
It is deluxe standard. I would consider staying there again if there was no free dining available.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
I have stayed at YC last year and at Swan&Dolphin once but that was probably more than 20 years ago. I was there for a big conference - think the hotel is more business/conference than BC. Better restaurants than BC and location is very good.

Its a Marriott owned hotel so if you sign up to their loyalty scheme you can earn points I think.

Edited at 08:44 PM.
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve had a Boardwalk 1 bed booked on my points for Xmas. Problem is I have to bank those points by end of next month. So instead I’ve booked a cancellable suite at Swan and Dolphin.
Swan and Dolphin for me is not Beach Club or Boardwalk but it’s location is nearly as good and it is hardly slumming it. This means I don’t lose (in normal times) nearly $3000 worth of points.
Old 6 Aug 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
The location of the Swan is the best as you can walk or boat ride to HS/Epcot/Boardwalk.
It is deluxe standard. I would consider staying there again if there was no free dining available.
Swan is pretty good value at the moment. I could have got a standard room on an annual pass deal for around £1200 including resort fee but went with a suite at £1700. This is for 6 nights- a fraction of what Beach Club or Boardwalk would cost. Parking on top unfortunately which I get for free with my DVC.
If I rent my saved Boardwalk points in normal times it will cover that and make me some profit on top. So no point taking the risk on Boardwalk albeit ill be still a little hacked off if I go.

Edited at 08:49 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
We have the Dolphin booked for next year with resort fee included. It’s several hundred pounds cheaper than POFQ for the same dates so for me if there’s no free dining or other Disney offer it’s a no brainer.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We have the Dolphin booked for next year with resort fee included. It’s several hundred pounds cheaper than POFQ for the same dates so for me if there’s no free dining or other Disney offer it’s a no brainer.
This is exactly why we stayed (at the Swan) over NYE a few years ago. The cost was cheaper than the cheapest Moderate and £250 a night cheaper than Y&B which made the choice very easy!
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Definitely a no brainer decision if there is no free Disney dining available. It is a better resort than POFQ. Good to see you have the fee included. Just had a quick look and the fee is around $30+ daily.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List