Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We feel that DLP is just an amusement park albeit a good one where as WDW is an experience there is nothing at DLP that is even half as good as WDW. The hotels are not special (Disneyland hotel excepted), the food is mediocre, the queuing is boring with nothing to entertain you, the weather is dicey, no fast pass plus, small parks, and it just does not have the magic.
Really? Big Thunder Mountain at Paris is the best version of the ride hands down, and some others too. There's also a lot more detail and art in DLP than WDW.

Also did you know that the Magic Kingdom at Paris is bigger than the Magic Kingdom in WDW?
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
Really? Big Thunder Mountain at Paris is the best version of the ride hands down, and some others too. There's also a lot more detail and art in DLP than WDW.

Also did you know that the Magic Kingdom at Paris is bigger than the Magic Kingdom in WDW?
I totally agree - off the top of my head, BTM, Buzz and Pirates are heaps better than their WDW equivalents! The park is much prettier, too - especially the castle.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have had two sets of annual passes and been about 8 or 9 times to DLP and enjoyed it we went to WDW in 2015 and then DLP when we came back we have since been to WDW again and are off to California tomorrow but will probably not go to DLP again.

We feel that DLP is just an amusement park albeit a good one where as WDW is an experience there is nothing at DLP that is even half as good as WDW. The hotels are not special (Disneyland hotel excepted), the food is mediocre, the queuing is boring with nothing to entertain you, the weather is dicey, no fast pass plus, small parks, and it just does not have the magic. Oh and the biggest let down is the parade it’s like half a dozen floats not a patch on the ones in the US.

We agree that 3 days is more than enough, it is annoying as with the amount of land Disney bought they could have done a WDW but I think the weather shocked them and then you have all the problems with labour laws and the French striking at the drop of a hat.

To be fair you get inconsiderate people anywhere this is why we will not fly Economy with virgin to either MCO or LAS
I am puzzled that it took 8 or 9 visits to DLP to come to these conclusions if you disliked it so much. Agree that you do get inconsiderate people everywhere, I am sure they exist in other areas of the plane not just economy though.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

We have had two sets of annual passes and been about 8 or 9 times to DLP and enjoyed it we went to WDW in 2015 and then DLP when we came back we have since been to WDW again and are off to California tomorrow but will probably not go to DLP again.

We feel that DLP is just an amusement park albeit a good one where as WDW is an experience there is nothing at DLP that is even half as good as WDW. The hotels are not special (Disneyland hotel excepted), the food is mediocre, the queuing is boring with nothing to entertain you, the weather is dicey, no fast pass plus, small parks, and it just does not have the magic. Oh and the biggest let down is the parade it’s like half a dozen floats not a patch on the ones in the US.

We agree that 3 days is more than enough, it is annoying as with the amount of land Disney bought they could have done a WDW but I think the weather shocked them and then you have all the problems with labour laws and the French striking at the drop of a hat.

To be fair you get inconsiderate people anywhere this is why we will not fly Economy with virgin to either MCO or LAS
Thats not the reason they haven't built more parks.

Also, the parade has pretty much the same amount of floats as Festival of Fantasy does in Orlando. And we still have a dragon .
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You have to remember WDW is the exception. DLP is European. Some rides are next generation versions. DLP has a different kind of magic.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
This. French people really hate the ‘be my new BFF’ style, they see it as fake and tacky. Good service in France is to assume you want to be left alone to enjoy yourself. That said, we have started many conversations with French CMs. If you start the chat (preferably in French) they blossom. We spoke to a girl on Dumbo who had masses of auburn curls and asked if she was friends with Merida. She said no but she would love to be! Another time we asked a guy on the meet and greets how he always knew what language to address people in, before they even spoke. We had a fascinating chat with him.
Don't get me wrong every cast member I spoke to was lovely! Just was expecting the level of interaction you get at WDW.

It's strange, Disney is the only place where I like the over the top service, anywhere else and I don't want any small talk, just want the service provided.
Old 19 Oct 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip! We recently got back and I agree with most of your points.

At one point I was standing near a cast member who was with Mary Poppins and a really rude guest was trying to get a photo even though they had finished the session. The CM shouted at the guest to 'go **** yourself'. The guest was an idiot but I was so shocked! On the whole though we had some great interaction with CM's, I did wish that they would answer me in French when I was trying to speak the language (admittedly quite badly!) but i'm sure they were trying to be helpful.

Also totally agree with the Eurostar comment. Both ways we had kids with iPad on with no headphones so everyone had to listen to whatever game they were playing (or Peppa Pig for the whole journey home!). In both cases the parents put their own headphones in and completely ignored their children so they didn't have to listen to it but everyone else did. Also the mess they left behind was unbelievable.

There are lots of things we love there though and will probably be back in a few years time.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Seriously? I hope you made a complaint. Not appropriate from a CM at all.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Seriously? I hope you made a complaint. Not appropriate from a CM at all.
I know, my mouth literally dropped open. I didn't complain though, the guest was on his way to do so and I really didn't want to help him out either as he was really unpleasant! Ideally they would've chucked both of them out of the park!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
Sounds like a great trip! We recently got back and I agree with most of your points.

At one point I was standing near a cast member who was with Mary Poppins and a really rude guest was trying to get a photo even though they had finished the session. The CM shouted at the guest to 'go **** yourself'. The guest was an idiot but I was so shocked! On the whole though we had some great interaction with CM's, I did wish that they would answer me in French when I was trying to speak the language (admittedly quite badly!) but i'm sure they were trying to be helpful.

Also totally agree with the Eurostar comment. Both ways we had kids with iPad on with no headphones so everyone had to listen to whatever game they were playing (or Peppa Pig for the whole journey home!). In both cases the parents put their own headphones in and completely ignored their children so they didn't have to listen to it but everyone else did. Also the mess they left behind was unbelievable.

There are lots of things we love there though and will probably be back in a few years time.
Wow that's pretty shocking! :O

I was so disappointed in the Eurostar Journey. The whole process was smooth through the security, the seats were nice and comfy. I was really looking forward to it. But people just ruined it. I said to my husband, I understand why there is so little space on planes, people take advantage of space! I don't understand why it's so hard to stay in your own seat!

We also had baby songs being played out loud. The little girl(who was very well behaved the whole trip! Maybe a Dibb kid? ) who was about 8 or 9 was sitting across from us and I heard her say to her mum 'Oh no, not baby songs'. I hear you kid! Still preferred that to the rude family though!