Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jun 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Hogwarts
Excited about Disney

Will the room be big enough

We're about to book port Orleans for 5 nights next August, but there's me DH , DD 17, DS 15 and daughters boyfriend 18. Is the room going to be big enough with our cases as well, really want to stay onsite (free dining as well) but worried it will be a squeeze
Hogwarts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Omg no way would I have five adults in the room at P.O., we stayed twice at French quarter, the rooms re not big, fine for two adults and two kids at a push but I xpusltnstsy five nights, there are only two double beds anyway.
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For me, no, there just wouldn’t be enough room. We found with the extra bed the storage space in POR was limited plus one bathroom for 5 just wouldn’t be enough in my opinion. Of course there will be people perfectly comfortable with it so it’s up to you.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

We do it but only with our own family -2 boys sharing ((might take a blow up too ) and girl on the Murphy. I wouldn’t be comfortable with anyone else there, as there’s no privacy really.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Sorry but that’s just weird IMO. We have a similar group with eldest DS partner joining us. I’ve booked two separate rooms plus a two bed onsite.
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
OMG no don't do it!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m sorry but I agree with the previous posters, I wouldn’t. The space is quite tight as it is at 314 square feet (about 25.5ft X 12.5ft). We did Port Orleans when it was just myself and hubby and it was comfortable but we struggled a bit for space with the kids at AKL which is a bit bigger at 344 square feet.

I would suggest you either get two rooms for your party or look at a studio or 1bed at OKW or SSR.
derenstar is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like my barge holiday of 2007 ... never again!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's doable, but you'll probably be happy to move somewhere bigger after 5 nights. One issue will be the size of your DS15 and the murphy bed as it's only about 5'3" long, and if your DS is anything like mine, he's going to be a lot taller than that!
Luggage storage is easier if you've got cases that fit inside each other. There's a lot of space behind the door next to the first bed. We also put one down between the second bed and bathroom wall to help create another bedside table.
We do it happily for 2 weeks with 2 teenagers. Not sure I could do it with our daughter's boyfriend though, as much as I like him. I'd be either booking 2 rooms or a 1 bed villa at OKW (the 1 bed villas at SSR only sleep 4).

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Ah NO NO NO
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List