Notices

Old 24 Sep 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

LIVE - Animal Kingdom Lodge and winging it! Day 1 Disney Springs

Sunday morning and I was wide awake at 2am, did my trippie from yesterday and managed to get a couple more hours sleep. Today we had already agreed it was another non-park day, we just wanted to relax and take it easy before hitting them tomorrow

We needed to go to reception to confirm our room change, it was all fine and they told us we could leave our luggage in the old room and they would move it to our new room once it was ready. Everything can be managed on the Disney app so we kept an eye out during the day for it to appear!

Neither of us were really hungry so we went down to Mara which is a quick service restaurant, there was lots to choose from including pastries and hot breakfast plates. You also pick up your refillable mugs from here.
There are microwaves and toasters also here, just picked up a coffee and bagel

We took outside to one of the viewing areas and sat down watching the animals - here are my new Disney red nails!

This huge beast wandered over!

I took a few pictures and we FaceTimed the parents. It is a lovely spacious resort with tons of viewing areas and seats to watch the wildlife. We had decided against getting a ‘savanna' view room as it was about £750 more for the week and we figured we wouldn't really see the benefit of it... better to have for shopping money!

I had booked myself a massage and paraffin foot treatment, as we wandered over past the baby banana trees it started to rain a little bit

Jez left me here and went up to sit in reception, where he told me he snoozed a bit in the comfy chairs!
The massage was wonderful - I had the choice of relaxing lavender or uplifting tangerine... I opted for lavender and the next 50 minutes were blissful including the hot treatment on my feet! It was $115 for the massage and $25 for the foot treatment. It wasn't a big spa like at Saratoga and as much as I loved every second I think I preferred the other spa environment - check out my last Disney report for more information as i would highly recommend it!

Once pampered we hopped in the car and headed over to Disney springs again, this time over to the ‘true disney' side... there is a lot of construction and the world of Disney is part of it, I would say only about a third is actually open - it does say it will be complete in fall so I guess anytime now

The stores look so pretty everywhere dressed up!

We had lunch in earl of sandwich - we both had the wraps and I had a frozen strawberry lemonade... on quick service you got to choose a salad or sandwich a side of $3 or less plus a drink. It was really yummy and filled us both up!

Love the giant mickey pumpkin head!

Next it was time to hit a few shops, I always love basin for the bath bombs (it's also having a refurb so a lot smaller!) I picked up 3 large bombs (3 for $12) for the week and then filled a tube for $20 - managed to get 2 large and 4 small in

The fall theme is so pretty! For a weekend we couldn't believe how quiet it is, all the car parks had space and it really didn't feel too busy at all... fingers crossed for the parks this week!

I'm very late to the party with Pandora but now I'm truly addicted, I have one silver and one gold but like to mix up the charms

I wanted a leather one and also the charms were all buy 2 get 1 free. I got a D a heart and a sparkly Mickey head! This complete was $186

No trip would be complete without new mugs and so next up was Starbucks to pick up the new style Orlando and Florida! I'm going to get the Park mugs in ornament size this time, I think they are now v3 and I have v1... I think they will be cute as expresso cups! (Plus easier to pack! )

We sat on the balcony over looking the lake and lost the next hour or so people watching

We love to go to the cinema when at Disney - it breaks up the days and the gives our feet a break! We normally do the folk and screen (eat in cinema) but as we are on the dining plan it seemed a waste - I would highly highly recommend it though it's awesome and I know I've talked about it in previous trippie reports!
We picked ‘a simple favor' very good film and again worth watching especially if you like Anna Kendrick she was really good!

We just got a drink at the cinema from the make your own coke flavor machine - I do think these are ridiculously expensive at $6 each, so definitely take your own if you want to save a few bucks!

For dinner tonight I had booked Terralina - it has just opened in the last few weeks and was located right on the edge of the water

We sat outside and had a lovely view, neither of us were super hungry, they brought fresh hot bread and we shared a Caprese and a pizza - it was so good and if you are on the dining plan I'd 100% recommend here!

For pudding I had the coffee creme brûlée and Jez had the lemon pannecotta - both delicious!

That just about wrapped the day - oh I forgot to say whilst checking out the plans for Magic Kingdom I had a quick look at what options were still available for lunch (we already had a reservation at Tony's) but you I just wanted to see what else was on offer... I couldn't believe it that an option came up for ‘Be our Guest'! Normally you need to book months in advance, with the app you can literally switch them over and I canx Tony's!
Back to AKL and our new room is up on the 4th floor and we have a savanna view - I guess that's the Disney Magic and can't wait to see what animals wander by! Hope to see you all after Magic Kingdom! Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ethan
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just deciding what to have for breakfast... bagels it is then!
Hope you have a lovely day and room change goes well x
Old 24 Sep 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 24 Sep 18 10:27 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day glad you are pleased with your new room

Joan
Old 24 Sep 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Congrats on the Savannah view room!

A lovely relaxing day
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great nails 👍 Well done on getting a savanna room - pixie dust for you!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a great day, you did so much! Loving your Pandora bracelets, is that the rabbit from Alice in wonderland on the left one?
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great day.We always go to the cinema but omg they are sooo cold ☃️☃️
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Lovely day I love the colour of your nails and your Pandora bracelets.
Enjoy your MK day.
Old 25 Sep 18, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Great to have a savannah view room. Your massage sounds fab. I love your pandora purchases. That’s my treat when we go, some additional charms.