Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Same here Lisa!
Never changed mine either

I'm grateful that I've learned loads of invaluable info since joining this site and have made some lovely friends too
I've recommended this site to lots of people, and I've been met with some very odd looks if I get chatting to people about Florida when I ask "Are you a Dibber?" or "Are you on the Dibb?"
I just wish I'd known about this site years before!
It’s thanks to you that I found The Dibb 😀. Don’t know how I would have managed our trips without it’s help or your help. Looking forward to actually meeting you soon after all our years of chatting 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
What do you mean by tags on name?
As in

Tinkerbell.

Not tinkerbell123 etc etc

When we crossed over from the other side I’m not sure how many there were but I asked for tinkerbell. Not particularly important, it that’s what I meant.

I remember back in the day the “ crocs threads”.

I recognize a few names from back then. Main difference for me is the size of the forums and with that many people you’ll always get those on Micks post

Think he summed it up perfectly
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

I've been reading on this forum since 2015 but I finally joined in 2016. It's great on here you can get good information on anything! Everyone has been helpful since I joined.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by blades View Post
Also do you think the forum has changed slightly for example how many “Tell me about it” and “I’m worried sick” posts do we get these days
Actually yes , that’s a big difference between now and then.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I've been here since 2013 so a relative newbie.
I can't tell you the difference in enjoyment between our first (knew nothing) and our second (post dibb) trips! This site is so helpful and informative and I do try to contribute where I can despite definatly being no expert!

I tend to stay away from the general chat style posts which can on occasion show the 'ugly side' of social media but hey that's life.
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I think I actually made an account in 2013 but lurked on and off since 2008 when I was planning to go back for the first time as an adult.

Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
What I will say is well done to the board for still going and having as many active members as it does! I used to be an active member of a Rugby League forum and with the advent of Facebook etc. It dwindled from thousands of people on it to probably a couple of hundred who seem to just argue amongst themselves!
I agree. Another forum I’ve been on since 2002 is so quiet now it’s a bit sad when I think of how busy and active it was (even though I talk to them all on fb anyway!). Though there has been lots of changes, the fact the dibb is still going is great.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I am somewhat of a new member but there are some real historic ones on the Dibb Guidebook.

I am trying to keep the motoring pages up to date and most were created by the late Jakey Rowling. Awesome job he did, sadly missed.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
It’s thanks to you that I found The Dibb 😀. Don’t know how I would have managed our trips without it’s help or your help. Looking forward to actually meeting you soon after all our years of chatting 😀
Awww you're welcome! But the 'learner becomes the master' as they say. You are so up on onsite Disney stays right now, will have to ask for tips from you for us next year!

And yes be lovely to meet up in about 2 weeks time! EEEK!
after all this time too, and we did know each other pre-Dibb as well. A loooong time now!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Been here a while now, had some great tips over the years, priceless
Old 5 Oct 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Used to read not post in the old days when it was on a certain US fan site, then it became the Dibb and I joined properly back in 2002

Gosh it was so quiet back then lol, then it started to grow and some ‘well known’ names such as EGG joined although not in the beginning, the rest is history lol

Great site and a great eclectic mix of people who post.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List