Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 18, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Party of 5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did Disney springs check in, but do remember once you're luggage is Checked in you can't buy any souvenir with liquids in (we completely forgot and dd had waited till the last day to buy some beautiful B&B snow globe and mickey small water globe to take home). Lucky for us the cashier asked if we'd already checked our luggage in otherwise that would have been $80 Down the drain! Dd was upset but not half as upset I would've been seeing them taken off us at security.
If you do Disney springs, the fish and chip shop there do the most delicious pies I've ever tasted, and proper chips too! Hubby said fish was nice too.
Party of 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We, like many others, leave our luggage with bell services and toddle off to the parks for a last morning if we're onsite.

Last time we were offsite, so it was Downtown Disney checkin, Watch England beat Sweden in the world cup at splittsville... then mooch about in Disney Springs before Earl of Sandwich and off to the airport.
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

We are staying off site and won’t have any theme park tickets left for the last day. At the moment I’m undecided between using the Disney Springs check in and then spending the day there to do some last minute shopping and maybe a trip to the cinema or requesting a late check out at our hotel and staying around I-Drive.
Old 15 Oct 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

After our experience last month with the 23.45 flight getting cancelled i can see the benefit in paying for an extra night so the room is yours all night.

As it happened we had booked our villa for the night as some were going home but we were driving up to the cruise port the next morning. It was so much easier sorting out the rebooking as soon as we knew (about 7pm) without worrying about somewhere to sleep for the night (and the villa had a line line for guests too... I sat on hold to the airline on a lounger by the pool) , but even before it happened we just enjoyed a last afternoon/early evening around the pool anyway so it was worth it for that alone.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

We checkout and then send the morning in DHS. The last ride on ToT is a tradition now
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Last time we did the Disney Springs check in and had our last ADR at T-Rex and then then looked round the shops till it was time to drive to the airport. Never again though. I found it really depressing looking round the shops knowing that I couldn't really buy anything as I would have to squeeze it into my hand luggage. Combined with the fact I was sad we were going home.

This time we'll stay by the pool for as long as possible, then have a nice late lunch somewhere (possibly a park) before getting the MDE to MCO
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

We arrange a late checkout, then use Disney Springs check in early & head back to the hotel for breakfast & stay at the pool as long as possible. Then get showered & changed before heading to Disney Springs to use up our snack credits & have lunch, using last meal credits, before heading to the airport.
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Last year the villa owner told us nobody was booked in for a few days so to make the most of it and check out when we like. We went to Disney Springs to check in and drop baggage (Virgin flights) then headed back and spent a lazy day by the pool and tumbled dried swimsuits and put in hand luggage and set off for airport late afternoon. stopping off at Longhorns on the way.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Most of my flights leaving MCO have been around 6pm or so.

My last day "ritual", if you will - is going to MK early (unfortunately sometimes it's later than I like due to having to pack up my room and leaving luggage with bell services/etc). I either have FPs for a couple of rides, or I don't bother doing rides and just soak up the atmosphere. Then I take the monorail to Epcot, either have FPs and do a couple of rides or again, don't bother doing rides. I always walk one full round around World Showcase (since this is one major reason why I even bother flying halfway around the world to go to WDW when every other Disney resort is closer to me). Then I take the bus back to my resort for the Magical Express.

If I don't recall wrongly I've done this for almost all of my last few trips - the one exception was when I took an early morning flight out of MCO and so couldn't do this (still ended the day before at Epcot though)!
Old 15 Oct 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We ask for late checkout, pack the night before, except washing gear, go to park, do rides have lunch, go back to hotel, shower & change then drive to the airport.