Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Dairy allergy won’t be a problem although I don’t think they cater as well as restaurants we eat at over here. DS could always eat but he did have a lot of fries and couldn’t always have dessert. Erin McKennas bakery at Disney Springs is a must-visit for DF cake.
The airline offering for a DF child is pitiful - last year 3yo DS had to have a vegan curry as that was the only option. (I did book online months in advance). He is a fabulous eater and likes curry but he really couldn’t eat it. Luckily I had bought sandwiches in the airport and the lovely flight staff found him a couple of snacks but it was very poor so be prepared to feed her yourself on the plane.
Plenty at the water parks for younger ones.
You won’t have a pushchair until you have cleared immigration in US - make sure you can carry hand luggage plus child!
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

For us legoland was disappointing and we were talking about whether we would go there if it was free or not, this probably let’s you know our view
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Divy
Trying for More Ears

Hi and welcome!

We are just back from a two week trip with our (then) 18 month old, so she was a bit younger than your LO will be. Out of all the parks we went to, the best time she had were at any and all the water based activities - Typhoon Lagoon, Volcano Bay and the splash areas in MK and at Universal Studios - so I'd definitely recommend a water park day if you feel it's warm enough when you're out there.

I second the suggestion about having a look at Fort Wilderness at that time of year for the Christmas decorations, we did a sleigh ride through the resort a few years ago that I think kids of that age would love too.

MVMCP is great, we loved it when we went, though it was before our DD came along and just the two of us - the shows, parade and the fireworks were the highlights of that night so if your DD enjoys that sort of thing at the time then it's a great night. Although there are special character meet and greets too, if she's into the characters.

As for allergies, I believe the Disney restaurants go to special lengths to accommodate them. I'm sure I've read in some TRs that the Chef actually comes out in some circumstances to discuss the things on offer in the buffets but I can't remember where.

As for a tip, I highly recommend avoiding the Winnie the Pooh ride until later on in the holiday (if at all) We made the mistake of taking our LO on it as her first ride (included in the Early Morning Magic thing we went to) and, while she started off interested, she was so petrified by it, that any other dark, enclosed ride was a no-go for the whole rest of the holiday.
Divy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I've taken all three of mine as toddlers, eldest at 2yrs4 months, middle at 18 months and youngest over his second birthday earlier this year.

As mentioned already, if she is over 2 she will have to have her own seat on the plane. I recommend a tablet with lots of her favourite programmes on and lots of snacks!

Only our youngest has been to a water park as a toddler. He enjoyed the lazy river (except the bits where water was coming down from above!) and splashing around in the toddler area at Blizzard Beach. I think only one of the disney water parks will be open at that time of year, if it is Typhoon Lagoon I wouldn't recommend going in the wave pool with a little one, the waves are strong (my then 4 year old and I were knocked off our feet even in the shallower bits a few years ago)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse_23 View Post

4 - Can you keep a stroller up until you are about to board your flight? Or do you have to check it in with your luggage?
Check in at boarding, get back at the carousels. Be aware they wont be on the carousel but actually at the side of it. So have a walk around, you will see it.

7 - Lego land - yes or no?
If time yes, if you have a lot planned then no. Ive drove there before and its a good trek out. Its fun but small, and aimed at smaller kids.

9 - Are there any other special Christmas events etc in the parks we can attend?
Disney springs usually have a father christmas, its great for christmas card photos! There is usual a disney photographer on site also.