Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 14 Oct 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

What do you usually do on Christmas Eve?

We always go to the cinema, we also went for an early dinner last year but I just felt likes I was rushed so will go back to either a finger food type buffet or a take away.

We also do Christmas Eve boxes which are opened after the cinema so kids will be in their new PJ's, we will watch another movie and they open one gift from under the tree ( something little that my friend had given them)

We also take the dogs out somewhere for a big family walk in the morning.

What do you tend to do?
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are part of a group of ten friends. Many years ago we used to go to the pub where we couldn’t hear what the person next to us was saying and we couldn’t get to the bar for a drink. So we decided to have get-togethers each couple taking their turn in their homes. It is our turn this year. We just chat, eat from usually a buffet and go home around 11pm. This year we are having beef bourguignon with bread for dunking, followed by scones and jam, or cakes, an easy way of feeding ten people, I hope. And the usual booze of course!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Taz
VIP Dibber

I love Christmas Eve.

We are taking the kids to see Santa at his cottage in the morning before he flies back to the North Pole.

Louise
Old 15 Oct 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

We’ll meet up with my sister and her family and take the dogs out for a walk somewhere. Then back to ours for lunch. We will probably go to church in the afternoon - they have a fantastic family service telling the nativity story with all the children taking part and we sing carols. When they do the song ‘Away In A Manger’ it is in candlelight and the church give out candles to the children. I love watching the panicked look on the parents faces - we were there once. Then it’s out for dinner. Back home for Christmas Eve presents and waiting for the children to go to bed. Problem is, now they are teenagers they don’t go to bed very early and it’s hard work trying to stay awake to help Santa lay out the presents 🎁
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

work normally this year i have a 12 1/2 day christmas eve and a night christmas day x
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We travel to my parents’ house and go to the local panto with my parents and my childhood best friend, who lives in the same town. Afterwards we get a Chinese and play board games (usually Disney Trivial Pursuit!)
It’s a tradition we all enjoy more than Christmas Day itself!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Work 😭😭😭
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs_Taz View Post
I love Christmas Eve.

We are taking the kids to see Santa at his cottage in the morning before he flies back to the North Pole.

Louise
What time do you go...I'm just worried that Santa is late for his first deliveries
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

We take the dogs on a long walk. Visit my parents grave to lay flowers. Visit in law families and take gifts. Then it’s home to get changed and now the kids are older, out to our local wine bar for a few drinks. We pick up a Chinese takeaway on the walk home and I still do Christmas Eve boxes for the kids. I prefer Christmas Eve to the Day itself!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas Day. We just have open house and friends come and go. We get somebody else to do the food as I like to enjoy the day.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List