Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 11, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Third Time's A Charm - Day Twelve - Shopping, AGAIN

Day Twelve – 20/09/2009 – Shopping

Today we were supposed to be going to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios, but mum still wasn’t feeling too well, I’d decided that she had probably swallowed too much pool water and I didn’t particularly want to go as I felt that I was being a traitor to Disney!

Even though mum still wasn’t feeling brill, we headed down to Boma for a 7:40am ADR where the delicious CJ was working again, but unfortunately not our waiter, I tried to get us moved but apparently it was too busy *rolls eyes*. It was back up to our room, and back to sleep until 10:30 where mum decided she wanted to go shopping… AGAIN… I don’t even like shopping at home, why do I like it in Florida?

So it was off to the Florida Mall in our car, where we did some serious spending, primarily for the fact that in the states there is a shop called Torrid which is basically plus sized Hot Topic clothes, and they sell Dickies Ladies Jeans which are the most comfortable and best fitting jeans I have ever owned… I LOVE them! We each brought a pair, mum got two jumpers and I got a vest and shirt duo thing which can be worn together or as separates.

Next it was into Yankee Candle where we got two large candles for us, a small one for our neighbour as a thank you for looking after our cats and a reed diffuser for me to use at university as we weren’t supposed to use candles. We also used one of the vouchers from the book that you can pick up from guest relations which gave us another small candle, for free!

It was then into the M&M store to get some birthday presents for my best friend… I got her some M&M’s pyjama’s as I had gotten some from the Las Vegas store and she loved how soft and snuggly they were! We also got LOADS of M&M’s for us, as we love them and used another voucher from the booklet to get 20% off of the total bill.

We had to make a RUN back to the car as it was raining like anything, easily the heaviest that we had on this trip! We stopped at Wendy’s on the way back to Animal Kingdom Lodge; I have to explain that I LOVE Wendy Burgers and would happily eat them every day of the holiday, but mum won’t let me! When I was younger, there used to be one in London, and whenever we were in London, no matter where in London, I would always ask to go as I loved it so much!

When we got back to the hotel, we both had a nice afternoon snooze before we got ready for round two at the Yachtsman Steakhouse to use up our remaining Table Service credits from the DDP.

We both had the same meal as last time, which was the same meal, other than that mum had hers with (I think) Potato Gratin, and I had mine with fries, and as I forgot to take photographs last time, here is the 24oz Porterhouse Steak with Potato Gratin and Peppercorn Sauce:

This is the 24oz Porterhouse with fries and Garlic Butter:

And this is the kid’s dessert that is fine to ask for if you are an adult but gets exceptionally messy in the hands of an adult so goodness only knows what it would end up like if it was given to a child…

We both agreed that the steaks weren’t as good as last time, but it was still delicious all the same and well worth the dining credits in our opinion!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Yay another shopping day... did enjoy M&M world ...got DS a t-shirt and a squidgy pillow from there... hope your mum starts to feel better... lovely pics of the food
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
wow that is some steak my dh would die and go to heaven

without ddp how much is it there to eat?

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another nice shopping day.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 11, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
wow that is some steak my dh would die and go to heaven

without ddp how much is it there to eat?
From what I remember, the steak alone with no sides etc is $44!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 11, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great shopping day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List