Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 15, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 17 - Typhoon Lagoon + Downtown Disney

Here is a link to my pre-trip report and previous days:

Index - Pre-trip report and previous days

We were up at 8am today, Samantha was up too and decided to join us for the day. I sorted the cool box out with drinks and snacks again. We headed out and called in at Racetrack for coffees and cookies to eat on the way

About 5 minutes into the drive I realised that I had counted the days wrong on our Seaworld passes. Today puts us at day 15 from the first use now 14, ooops! I was a bit gutted to miss out of an Aquatica but we decided on another day at Typhoon Lagoon instead.

The park was quiet and we got a spec on the other side of the park today, near Crush N Gusher. Samantha and Tom sunbathed and slept for a while, whilst I took Aaron off for a bit. We were quite brave and actually did some rides, then settled in the lazy river. We decided to use a double ring and spent about half an hour trying to get in it! We had such a laugh, and spent ages in there.

We went into the shallow part of the wave pool for a bit before heading back to find Tom and Sam. Tom and Aaron went back off to the wave pool for about half an hour, and me and Samantha rode Crush N Gusher a few times This was far too much exertion for Samantha for one day so we left her on the sun loungers and we went off to the lazy river for an hour. It was so funny because no matter what Tom did he could not stay in that ring!

We were starving now so we decided on some lunch. I went for a tuna sandwich with crisps, Samantha and Aaron both had hot dogs, and Tom got a turkey focaccia sandwich. It was all delicious and cost $35.
We spent a couple more hours doing the same things really, and decided to pack up to leave. It was at this point that Tom had realised he had lost his magic band! :angry: We called in at guest services but it hadn’t been handed in yet. It wouldn’t have mattered if we were going back to the villa now as we could have just picked his paper ticket up. However, the plan was to go across to Downtown Disney, and for Tom and Aaron to spend the afternoon in Disney Quest, so he needed his ticket now really.

When we got to Downtown Disney, we left Samantha and Aaron eating ice creams at Ghiradellis whilst we went next door to guest services. We were in the queue for about half an hour, but when we got to the front the lovely CM managed to find our booking by using my magic band. She then de-activated Tom’s old one, and issued him with a new one, and kindly didn’t charge us for the new magic band

We joined Samantha and Aaron for ice cream and then went over to the Lego store. We encouraged Aaron to point out the ones that looked good, before sending him off with Samantha to distract him. We then bought all of his Christmas presents! As I’m sure any other Mums and Dads who have bought Lego before will know, that is in not cheap. We managed to pay less than half of the price we would have paid back at home in England. Tom hid the bags and too them back to the car with the bags whilst Aaron made cars outside of the Lego shop.

The two of them went off to Disney Quest for a couple of hours.

Whilst Samantha and I did some shopping. We went to Basin and got bath bombs and bath salts which were really good prices. We loved it in here and can’t wait to go back!

Next we went to World of Disney, and got some gifts for Tom for Christmas, and gifts to take home for our Mum. We spent a while looking in Villains of Vogue

Tom bought me a new ring, he just didn’t know it yet

Next up was the Christmas shop, where we spent too much money and too much time! We both ordered personalised baubles for our friend’s children. Whilst we were waiting for them to be made, we went over to the Rainforest Café and had drinks and shared some chicken tenders. It was nice in here, but I’m not sure we’d rush back for a full meal. We collected our gifts and we were really happy with the results

We called in at the Art of Disney shop, where we finally found the statues that our Mum collects! I bought a Beauty and the Beast one and Gus, Samantha bought Ariel and friends. The prices were really impressive compared to the UK.

We took a stroll back around through Downtown Disney and took a seat under the stage in the shade. . We waited for Tom to text and arranged to meet back at the car.

We decided on Texas de Brazil for tea tonight, we headed off to find out. The food was amazing, and the service was some of the best we had throughout the entire holiday. However, we didn’t realise how nice it was in here and had grown accustomed to the laid back approach that the other restaurants took and that we now looked like absolute scruffs! . All of the food was so delicious, Aaron had decided he liked steak which was great. We left a generous tip and were on our way.

On the way out, Tom spotted a watch shop and decided to “nip” in. An hour later and he had bought himself two watches and parted with lots of money. He assures me that they were bargains!

When we got back we unpacked and decided on what to do HS again over Animal Kingdom tomorrow. We checked the weather and it said it was going to be cloudy so we decided we would just see how it would go. Tom stayed up later watching the wrestling. I set the alarm for 7 o’clock in the hopes of beating the crowd and getting a ride on Toy Story Mania.

Edited at 07:45 PM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
And yet another really good day

Joan
Old 12 Apr 15, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

WOW! What fun you are all having! You all look so happy!
Could I ask where you and Sam got your lovely play suits from? You had. Them on early in the trip, they are gorgeous! Xx
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FLAFantastic
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Just read all of your reports in one sitting!

Loving them and can't wait to finish them off!

Aaron is such a handsome young man!

I keep showing your pics to my son and saying, do you remember... ? We really cannot wait until next year, but are going to have to!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for taking the time to write them.

AnnMarie
Old 12 Apr 15, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
WOW! What fun you are all having! You all look so happy!
Could I ask where you and Sam got your lovely play suits from? You had. Them on early in the trip, they are gorgeous! Xx
Hi We have a few different ones. My black one at the beach is h and m, my black bad white one is good old primark, Samantha's orange one is new look as is the pink one. We were jus talking and said the days we wore them were the comfiest and when we felt best. It was hard for us to dress down in shorts and tshirts everyday as we are both dress people! Playsuits seemed to be the right balance
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by FLAFantastic View Post
Just read all of your reports in one sitting!

Loving them and can't wait to finish them off!

Aaron is such a handsome young man!

I keep showing your pics to my son and saying, do you remember... ? We really cannot wait until next year, but are going to have to!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for taking the time to write them.

AnnMarie
Aw thanks for the comments, Aaron is so photogenic it's scary!

Looking back through the photos is hard as we don't have another florida trip in the pipeline for a good few years

The time goes so slowly doesn't it when you're waiting!
Old 12 Apr 15, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by mick View Post
And yet another really good day

Joan
Thanks for taking the time to comment Joan, I appreciate it x
Old 12 Apr 15, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Shame about Aquatica but it seems like you still had a good day. So glad you managed to get the magic band deactivated and received a free one too. I'm enjoying your trip report
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 15, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Ha! Oopsie with your SeaWorld ticket fail! Oh well! Typhoon Lagoon is awesome anyway

Oh so glad Tom got a new magic band easily enough

Love a bit of shopping at DTD, sounds like you got some great stuff!

Did Aaron enjoy Disney Quest? We will be taking Chris’s boy there this year (also 6) and I think he will love it!

Great day xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List