Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Where have you stayed in Palm Springs

Looking ahead for our California trip next summer. We want to fly to SF, then hire a car & drive to SAN Luis Obispo with stops in-between, maybe a night in Monterey. We then want to Fly to Palm Springs from SLO, then fly from PS to Seattle. I know it’s a lot of planes but we don’t have 2 weeks so driving will take longer.
Getting back to my original question, where have you stayed in PS & how many days do you think we need there? We’ll want to do the tram, is it easy to get about with a car? How big a place is it? Thank you 😊

ETA forgot to say we’ll be flying into SF & home from Seattle. So we wound get the other flights separate. We’ll have 10 nights or at a stretch 12.

Edited at 01:36 PM. Reason: To add
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
coast2coast
Getting to know the DIBB

Twice we have stayed at Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel. its located in the next street to the main 'drag' with restaurants etc. November 2019 we rented an AirBnB in Indio for our week after visiting Hawaii. You will really need a car for getting around in the day time as it will be too hot to stay by the pool. We had breakfast and time by/in the pool straight after, then site visiting from about 11am
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by coast2coast View Post
Twice we have stayed at Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel. its located in the next street to the main 'drag' with restaurants etc. November 2019 we rented an AirBnB in Indio for our week after visiting Hawaii. You will really need a car for getting around in the day time as it will be too hot to stay by the pool. We had breakfast and time by/in the pool straight after, then site visiting from about 11am
Thanks I’ll check those out. I had looked at the Saguaro hotel as it does a free shuttle to/from airport & to downtown as well. Do you know anything about this place? Is it in the main area?

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

just a word of warning palm springs gets very hot in summer, when we where there last year is was 110. For the golf resorts etc its there low season as its to hot hence some good prices for excellent accommodation. We stayed at la quinta resort and yes end of june will be hot

Edited at 02:57 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
just a word of warning palm springs gets very hot in summer, when we where there last year is was 110. For the golf resorts etc its there low season as its to hot hence some good prices for excellent accommodation.
Yeah I’ve just been reading that, we are looking to go last 2 weeks June so will it be that hot then too?

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
Old 13 Jan 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
coast2coast
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Yeah I’ve just been reading that, we are looking to go last 2 weeks June so will it be that hot then too?
As stated earlier we stayed in Indio (25 miles east of P.S.) 1st week of November and the heat was like the Med in the middle of summer. Our other 2 visits to PS were in September when the temperature was 105
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

It will be hot but stay somewhere central and you can do without a car very easily (unless you want to venture further like to Joshua Tree) - I don’t use a car there and walk or use Lyft (much cheaper than Uber in PS) even in July and August the dry heat means everything is doable and there are some amazing walking tours of say architectural homes or movie colony plus 2 fabulous art museums in central area and the air museum is either a visit and you can even have a short ride in a bi-plane or one from WWII for around $99. All the restaurants and bars seen to have crazy deals during the summer months and makes dining out incredibly cheap (eg sitting at the Bar in LuLu has an amazing menu and same food as restaurant but at a fraction of the cost - plus sitting at the bar can mean actually sitting at the bar or at a table for 2 or 4 in the bar area ! )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

To be honest there isn't really that much to do in Palm Springs, it's a relax and golf place but in the height of Summer will be uncomfortable even for that. Without a car (to head out to Joshua Tree etc) then a 2-3 days max. Looking at your itinerary, unless you just have a real desire or specific reason to visit Palm Springs, I'd skip it and add more time elsewhere.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Olympiad View Post
To be honest there isn't really that much to do in Palm Springs, it's a relax and golf place but in the height of Summer will be uncomfortable even for that. Without a car (to head out to Joshua Tree etc) then a 2-3 days max. Looking at your itinerary, unless you just have a real desire or specific reason to visit Palm Springs, I'd skip it and add more time elsewhere.
Thanks for replying 😊
I’ve always wanted to go there as I want to visit the Joshua tree, Ariel tram & Elvis’s honeymoon house. I’ve been to LA & DLR before so definitely want to skip that this time & only want to drive that part of PCH ending in SLO. I’ve also been to SF but hubby hasn’t & wants to go & see the coast too. Then we both want to see Seattle so we would finish there then fly home.

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 13 Jan 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for replying 😊
I’ve always wanted to go there as I want to visit the Joshua tree, Ariel tram & Elvis’s honeymoon house. I’ve been to LA & DLR before so definitely want to skip that this time & only want to drive that part of PCH ending in SLO. I’ve also been to SF but hubby hasn’t & wants to go & see the coast too. Then we both want to see Seattle so we would finish there then fly home.
Fair enough. I enjoyed our stay there and it is handy for Joshua Tree etc but we included it as part of a Southern California roadtrip so it was easy to include. We actually stayed in Rancho Mirage which is one of the string of towns in the Coachella valley, but without a car you'll want to be close to downtown Palm Springs.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List