Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 15, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
**Leigh_11_22**
Helping Minnie

Day 16 - Epcot

Here is a link to my pre-trip report and previous days:

Index - Pre-trip report and previous days

We got up early and were ready to go to Epcot. I was keen to make some fresh memories today after the chaos of Illuminations two days ago! We headed straight there and got parked up.

We got into the queue for the park as it wasn't open yet. We got coffee and slush from a cart and Tom treated himself to a donut too, it was only 8:30 by this point.

We were at the back of a line when a CM took us from the queue to start a new one! Bonus! This then put us in prime position for bombing it over to Soarin to beat the crowds as I couldn't get a fastpass for this today.

We managed to get there and were probably on the second ride of the day, but god that parks big! You really don't realise until you're in rush lol. Anyway we were straight on with only a 10 minute wait. Loved it. It is such a lovely ride. The first thing I thought was that my mum and mother in law would love it! How relaxing and it feels so 'Disney'.

We exited and did turtle talk with crush which was really good I thought. Aaron enjoyed it and loved the interaction. While we were over here we rode the seas with Nemo which was lovely, Finding Nemo was Aaron's favourite film when he was younger so I in particular enjoyed this one. We looked at the fish in the aquarium too for a while which was a peaceful escape from the park for a while. We done so much already and it was only 10:30!

We had fast passes for spaceship earth next so we headed over there. We really didn't know what to expect here and I think that Aaron was gutted that it wasn't a roller coaster!

Next up was a trip to Club Cool which officially became Aaron's favourite place in the whole world! He had been waiting to trick Tom into trying Beverley. He managed to and he hated it, no surprise there! We spent ages in here trying the drinks and appreciating the air con!

We now decided to do world showcase, it was 11:30 by now and it was time to eat around the world! We started with New Zealand and had lamb meatballs, they were so delicious, mmmm. Next up the Australia stall where we tried lamb chops. It was the first lamb we had in ages as they don't seem to have it in the USA much. We had prawns too which were just OK, Tom ate most of it. We had some drinks too, slushes and water.

Tom went to the restrooms as he wasn't feeling too good, this was the start of his man flu! We met him in Mexico and looked around a little. We did the Donald Duck boat trip which was quite good and nice and cool.

We moved further around world showcase taking in the different sights and looking in the shops. We had a pork lettuce wrap from Korea which was nice and some little beer samplers. Aaron had a blue slush in a frozen souvenir cup which he loved mad then he had hotdog and crisps in Africa as he hadn't eaten much.

In Germany we went into caramel kuche. We were spoilt for choice here! I had read on the Disney food blog about salted milk chocolate caramel though so that was my choice! Mmmm delicious. Aaron had a double chocolate cookie filled with caramel. He loved it and ate it all.

We had more drinks and then met Snow White! It was just good timing really as we saw the queue just before she came out and jumped in line. She was lovely! So in character and really cute!

We walked further round and had photopass photos taken in Italy over the lake.

We had such a good afternoon and even though it was a lot of walking, it was really relaxing. We went as far as the USA pavilion and had a look in the shops. Tom decided to partake in a Dibb tradition (he was finally starting to believe the tips I was dishing out constantly!) and treated himself to funnel cake with ice cream. Between himself and Aaron they demolished it! We sat on benches and ate it and had some more water too.

We took the friendship boat back over to future world to save our legs. We spent a minute looking at the fountains then went to use our FP for Test Track. Aaron hadn't shut up about doing this ride so he was really excited and he loved designing his own car. He would of done this all day and wasn't all that interested in moving on to the actual ride.

We all enjoyed it and it was a nice change from other rides. We spent loads of time in the area afterwards playing the different games, looking at cars and sending postcards etc.

Heading out of there and we got in the orange queue for mission space. I thought green would be too wimpy and rubbish! What did I know!

Anyway the ride is very clever and it's good how it makes you feel like you're in space but I wouldn't do it again! I actually thought I'd need that sick bag that they give you and I'm not a ride wimp but something about that one, eugghhhh. Tom didn't feel great either but not as bad as me!

We'd had such a good day and decided to pop back in to club cool for a few more samples. Aaron was obviously ecstatic! After a while we then went in to art of Disney to look for statues for my mum but they didn't have the right ones. All parked out and we were back in the car. Headed straight back home and had a chill in the villa. I had a shower and Tom did washing as usual.

Samantha had a great day by herself, she had relaxed, swam and slept! She said she only moved once and it was to answer the phone!

Aaron and Tom played in the pool for a bit while Sam and I talked about our day with her massive bottle of wine!

We got ready and decided to go to Outback Steakhouse again for tea as we had loved it in the first week. We went to our more local one this time.

We were told that it was a 40 minute wait for a table but was about 5! Maybe it was a scare tactic to get rid of some tables? We got seated but the waiter was busy. When he did get to us he was a bit to attentive and in your face and I just didn't like him! Tom thought he was good though so I suppose it just depends on what mood you're in. We ordered the bloomin onion as I'd heard so much about them. It was ok, but it was a bit soggy at the bottom.

The mains came next, Tom had ribs which he liked. Sam had lamb chops which she said were just ok. I had a big expensive rib eye steak and didn't like it. I'd had so many good steaks but this was rubbish! It had so much gristle and was just not good. Tom finished it off and said there was nothing wrong with it so who knows? Maybe I'm just being fussy! We skipped desert as the whole restaurant was doing my head in and I wanted out of there.

Home and to bed for all of us. We are going to Aquatica tomorrow and then Downtown Disney so set alarm for 8:30, Samantha hadn't decided if she was coming tomorrow yet, I think she was spoilt by the day without us!

Edited at 09:46 AM.
**Leigh_11_22** is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 15, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 12 Apr 15, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

I have to say am exhausted just reading your report ha your little boy really has done great with such a busy holiday better than my girls .
Old 16 Apr 15, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What a great family day at Epcot So much fun!
I think Epcot def feels more relaxed than the other parks!

Shame you didn't enjoy your meal at Outback
xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List