Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Buy and Sell DVC
Unread 20 Jan 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile Best take home snack credit.

Whats your top tip for take home snack credits? We have a week at universal after Disney so anything we can take and use for snacks there would be good. Whats the best value?
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Family Holiday.
Unread 20 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Ghirardelli chocolate 🍫 🥰
Unread 20 Jan 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Proud to wear my Ears

I don't know about best value, but we really liked stocking up on the trail mix for our offsite stay last time! My middle child particularly could have lived off it, it is a snack credit in a pack (with chip and dale on the front). They do different ones, but their favourite was the ones with fruit and nuts and m&m's in. They are really useful to throw in your bag for ride queue snack emergencies!

Another tip is to go to one of the resorts with a DVC element, their shops tend to have more food type items that are useful to take with you offsite as the DVC rooms have kitchens. This trip we're moving to a dvc rental so definitely hoping to stock up on some useful snack credits.
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dream trip BC/GF and DCL cruise
Unread 20 Jan 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cls123
Getting Excited

ditto, I lurved the trail mix,highly addictive! the rice crispie cakes were also quite substantial for the kids snacks.
cls123 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
the one & only trip...?
Unread 21 Jan 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

You could also get some croissants, cinnamon rolls, cup cakes etc in your last day to take for breakfast on your first day at Universal 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All booked for 2020 - yay!
Unread 22 Jan 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I agree with others suggestions. The Goofy Candy Co snacks (like Trail Mix, Goldfish etc) are a great option for carrying around Universal. Ghiradeli's not so much as it might melt. Also bottles of soda would be a good option but not really good value depends on which you would rather. I would also say try and get a couple of things like cinnamon buns for the first morning at Universal. The collossal one in Animal Kingdom lasted me 2 breakfasts as it was so large I just took a ziploc bag with me to the park and put half of it in there.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Ooh zip lock bags, good idea I wouldnt of thought to pack them but that makes sense. If I had plenty left Id sacrifice a couple for drinks for universal to but Im not going to be saving them just last time we had quite a few left.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Family Holiday.
Unread 22 Jan 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Ghiradelli have changed their policy at Christmas so you could only buy the bars with your snack credits, so 3 bars for 2 snacks.
The Goofy gourmet jelly beans and v nice :-)