Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Oct 10, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Third Time's A Charm - Day Eight - Rest Day/Shopping

Today was supposed to be a Epcot day, followed by dinner at San Angel Inn and Illuminations at 9pm. However, I had the start of a headache, probably due to all of the sun that I got yesterday and such didn’t really feel like traipsing around Epcot all day in yet more sun. It turned out that mum wasn’t feeling up to Epcot either, so we decided to cancel San Angel Inn, and booked Boma instead.

We had a nice lay in, and then headed downstairs to Mara for breakfast, or it may have been brunch – we had a long lay in! I was in need of a new tankini as my other one got a bit ruined at Aquatica, so we went to Festival Bay Mall to go to Ron Jon’s Surf Shop, but they didn’t have anything in my size, however one of the staff recommended swim smart which was a tiny bit further up, and well, empty! However, the staff members in there couldn’t do enough to help, and after measuring me, she gave me a glass of water, asked me what type of styles I liked and went onto the shop floor to find everything she could in my size. She was back within about 5 minutes with five or six different tankini’s or swimming costumes, all of which fitted perfectly, and I settled on a black tankini – sorry but I like plain things – mum also got a new tankini – Hawaiian blue pattern style. As we were paying a couple of customers came in, but no-one brought anything, so I felt bad for the lady who was serving us, she said that they had been quite slow all summer. I felt even sorrier for her when we had paid up and were leaving as she looked as if she was desperate for us to stay!

Because we had had such a late breakfast, neither of us were very hungry, mum decided that she needed a snooze, but the retail therapy had made me feel better, so I took a few things down to the washing machines to wash and then christened my new tankini whilst having a nice swim and soak in the hot tub! Returned to the laundry room to transfer the washing to the driers and then went back up to our room to have a shower and get changed before dinner at Boma, I made a detour down to the laundry room to collect our now dry washing whilst mum dressed.

As previously mentioned, dinner was at Boma, and I tried Salmon for the first time since I was about five, I wasn’t too keen though! Neither of us were too hungry so it was probably as waste of a dining plan credit that night. We finished up and went back to our room and ended up watching about five episodes of Law and Order: SVU before I fell asleep.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List